What Were Your Dirty Bomb Misconceptions?

I'm sure we all had misconceptions about how Dirty Bomb works. So how about we talk about it?
One of my misconceptions was how the loadout system works. I remember getting a gold Aura from a normal case and it came with the Blishlok. Of course my first thought was "Holy crap, a re-urrr green dot sight! Whaaaat?!". Having only really played CoD (and not very often... probably why I'm such a good medic), I thought that the higher the card rarity, the more augments and attachments. I was dumb one...

Comments

• YeOldeButtcheekYeOldeButtcheek Posts: 569
    edited January 2016
    When I first saw the game, I saw all these characters that were shown in ads for DB, then I found out there were only 10 playable characters.
    Edit: Is that a misconception?
    Post edited by YeOldeButtcheek on
  • MarsRoverMarsRover Posts: 2,043
    It took me a few games on Bridge to realize that the last stage works differently than on Chapel/Trainyard - you have to steal objectives and bring them back.
    Recognize my avatar? Click here for some great news! - Mars is the only known planet inhabited solely by robots.
    K72sOh1.jpg
  • XavienXXavienX Posts: 2,404
    I thought I would beast with ADSing and quikscpin nubs.
  • JostabeereJostabeere Posts: 4,233
    I thought Cards like Gold and Silver are inaccessible by f2p players before I started the game.
    And I thought they are better in any way. And then I opened the shop page.
    I don't know how many years have passed. I still despise the Minemonkey and it'll never change!
    MOFO update wasn't such a disappointment
    CMM is the absolute worst thing SD could've made. It doesn't work at all and makes finding OBJ games so much harder. I would really like to know who at SD had that bright idea.

• I thought I was good, but really I'm complete @$!# at the game.
  • gg2ezgg2ez Posts: 2,565
    I thought I was good, but really I'm complete @$!# at the game.

I know that feel. You feel like a God until you meet someone better than you.

KEK is love, KEK is life.
  • RyePandaRyePanda Posts: 1,150
    Me as a level 5: "Hmm... a lot of people are playing Vassili, he must be really useful. *Buys him* Oh. Whoops, just remembered I can't aim."
    #teamStokerForever

Want to learn some trivia? Updated January 17th

Feel free to post what topics you want me to cover here: http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/profile/RyePanda

What state in the USA has the highest percentage of Caucasian people?
    A ) Montana
    Incorrect.

B ) Iowa
    Incorrect.

C ) Oregon
    Incorrect.

D ) Maine
    Correct. About 95% of people in Maine are Caucasian.
  • DawnlazyDawnlazy Posts: 1,157
    It took me quite a few games to realize that there were elevators in Underground, I always dreaded the moment when people would magically appear from the balcony and flank me in my first couple of days.
  • ReddeadcapReddeadcap Posts: 1,309
    edited January 2016
    I thought Phantom would be balanced after his much needed nerf in his latest incarnation

I thought Thunder would be just like he was when he was in Alpha, but his K-121 was luckily buffed but was given to Fragger and Fragger's MK46 which was pretty much hands down the best was given to Thunder and nerfed and his conc grenades... I... I need a drink to get past how much those don't even hold to a candle compared to their original functionality when he was in alpha and how they were initially released in the beta, just... just remove that blinding effect and bring back mouse debuffs... please...

"This person has taken this corner and died to the lovely song of my Minigun, hopefully the next 2 or 6 other people coming around this corner now realize theres a Rhi-no.. no no... I'm sorry I'm apparently overpowered when you're using sparks in the most confined of places, or any other merc under 100 health when you can clearly hear me here..."
    That was the same person about 5 times in a row taking this path and his friends followed him each time...
  • I thought that once you get in the lvl 30+ you'd have laser aim... til I became level 30.
  • N8oN8o Posts: 1,430
    Always thought I was good. Then I found out, I am pretty terrible. RIP
    Check out my YouTube channel if you love me. I will be posting guides on how to play mercs in pub and comp settings.
    cHxK5wl.png
  • zealousHumdingerzealousHumdinger Posts: 204
    edited January 2016
    First days of DB as newbie (June 2015) without any research or know how:

1) Oh I see so many people repairing, I see the 'Teammate Repairing', maybe I should help too. *sits down*

2) C'mon people, all come to EV, push it faster.

3) Let me help them defuse the bomb, afterall the more the hands the faster the job.

4) There is no gun like the shotgun.

5) Aura is OP.

6) Burst rifles suck.

7) What the hell.. who even uses the Dreiss, what a gimmick gun.

8) To hell with Stopwatch man, what a long ass game. (now I use this mode to get more missions done in a single match).

9) Execution.. meh what a poor man's CS:GO (I love it now, feels better than CS).

10) @$!# Arty man, I got no time to point and hold the laser on the ground (now I main him with wall precision).

11) Bang bang bang.. damn no ammo *puts down ammo station* only for myself.

12) Fletcher is god.

13) I'm so good. (now I know I'm s-h-i-t)

I'm sure there were other things, don't remember all.

• BalltoBallto Posts: 421
    for the longest time i thought phantoms katana was his primary and all he had was a revolver/deagle on his katana cards, and that several people could repair one objective if they were engineers
  • @zealousHumdinger
    How is "Fletcher is god" a misconception? He is god. (Tbh when I first tried out Fletcher I was like "man this guy sucks")
  • SteelMailboxSteelMailbox Posts: 1,601
    I saw the blishlok and thought there was weapon customization...
    To be honest, This signature is the best idea for a signature I currently have.
  • KattiValkKattiValk Posts: 630
    I thought this was going to be a team game where I'd have to drop ammo and heal. The tutorial got me all excited to push E until I played a few pub matches.
  • CtrixCtrix Posts: 912
    Honestly, Dirty Bomb came very natural to me. I don't know if that's because my most experience comes from Battlefield 3, but I just started playing Metal Gear IV online (since it only now came out on PC) and holy crap did I have no idea how to walk in a straight line in that game when I started. Now that I got a handle on things, looking back I couldn't even figure out my ass from my head.
    Incoming wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be a team game where I'd have to drop ammo and heal. The tutorial got me all excited to push E until I played a few pub matches.

You're precious :'D
  • iPod_iPod_ Posts: 122
    I seriously thought the burst fire weapons would suck as a level 3. I was wrong.
  • I just jumped and shouted with excitement when i got the LEAD loadout for skyhammer( my fav merc when i started out) in the case and i thought how lucky i am to get the loadout for my merc when there are many other merc loadout :P then i came to know everything about loadouts :D FML

LGvu7Uc.jpg
  • ImSplooshImSploosh Posts: 1,155
    Thought the maps were gonna be open, no invisible walls, and tons of parkour jumping.

Boy was I wrong... really wrong. :(
  • SpinnerzNQ wrote: »
    @zealousHumdinger
    How is "Fletcher is god" a misconception? He is god. (Tbh when I first tried out Fletcher I was like "man this guy sucks")
    It depends on perception and how we see each merc I guess. He has a different skill curve like all other mercs and mostly as a newbie when I first got him, I felt like that due to his shotgun and stickies and stuff and when you see his stickies taking out low hp mercs with one blow. Once I learnt to counter him, he didn't feel special anymore.
  • bontsabontsa Posts: 1,607
    edited January 2016
    I barely watched/listened the map "what-to-do" videos ever since the beginning due hassling something totally else like brewing coffee etc. Had no idea where this small video glimpse of a spot is even on the map and due my memory being on a same level with a clownfish, couldn't associate them with the actual objectives once I got there. So I went with a gut feel. "That HUD element says plant C4, sure thingie sir/ma'am!"

>proceeds to continually plant Underground side generators one by one only to get them repaired or straight up defused
    >took 2-3 games to realize the actual objective is the middle one
    >oops
    Lusting after legends? Fancy for some fiction? Craving for chronicles?
  • RjstoRjsto Posts: 845
    I thought every merc would be a lot more different from one another, like in TF2. Not that that's a bad thing or anything, I've sunk way more hours in DB than TF2!
  • CCP115CCP115 Posts: 1,426
    I bought Arty as my first merc back in Closed Beta, or just after release.

I thought he was good.

Do I win misconception of the year?
  • LifeupOmegaLifeupOmega Posts: 2,028
    I thought that I could rely on teammates in public. What a horrible misconception.
    Reminder that it's always okay to vote kick a sniper, no matter how well they're doing.
  • Amerika_KCAmerika_KC Posts: 4,848Moderator
    I thought the game was an utter explosive spamfest shitshow and not worth my time back when I tried it just before it moved off of the Nexon client and over to Steam.

My views and comments are entirely my own. I am a volunteer mod and I help with forum tasks. My word carries the same weight as anybody else posting...no more, no less. Think of me more as a forum janitor who cleans when needed as opposed to a cop who wants to bust you :)
  • SzakalotSzakalot Posts: 3,190
    @Amerika ahh good times, guns did half the damage they do now, proxy could run through crowds of enemies dropping mines whilstdodging all the bullets and fletcher stickies did sth like 50damage
    First!

48px-First_Blood.png?version=ee44701eadae9f5eb7db0d17c0edc6c9