Unpopular Dirty Bomb Opinions!

Comments

• JostabeereJostabeere Posts: 4,232
    Rhino is mah boy.
    I don't know how many years have passed. I still despise the Minemonkey and it'll never change!
    MOFO update wasn't such a disappointment
    CMM is the absolute worst thing SD could've made. It doesn't work at all and makes finding OBJ games so much harder. I would really like to know who at SD had that bright idea.

• -I Enjoy Dome
    -I feel that the Hochfir could use a buff
    -I feel Thunder should've been given the K121 and it would've worked just fine
    -I feel larger merc game modes are needed (8v8+ teams)
    -Blishlok is actually a great gun
    -I found the event cards drop rate to be fine (This one's gonna grab some attention)
    -I dont find Vassili all that useless
    -Mercs with Mechanic should have priority over normal mercs but before engineers
    -Redeye is too slow
    -Arty seems outclassed by Skyhammer
  • the sparks revive gun nerf was very well done in a way that it only nerf'd in the way it was being OP (super long distance 1 shots)

fletcher bombs too op (1 shoting proxies)
  • I hate using the M4.
  • LaionidasLaionidas Posts: 112
    edited February 2016
    - Caulden is my favourite secondary
    - Thunder is better than Fragger
    - Phoenix/Paco would actually be a popular merc if it wasn't for his awfull cliché voice acting
    - I hate Proxy, she's a chavette
    - I still think Sparks is Czech, not Russian, regardless of what the devs say
    - Dreiss AR is the best all-purpose assault rifle/battle rifle primary
    - ADS as often as possible
    - Arty needed to be Vietnamese, not Chinese
    - Molotovs need a nerf
    - We need a fast moving, low health merc with an LMG
    - Vaseline's ability should be "Lube", enabling him to use his sniper rifle to OHK teammates
    - Sawbonez is the worst medic, his heals take too long to reach full effect, and teammates just run away from him
    - RedEye should have a card with the Dreiss, Caulden, and Kukri, with the Quick Slash, Chopper, and Flying Pig augments
    - When Turtle is released, at the inside of the barrier he deploys, facing the user, there should be a tray extension from which Turkish baklava and tea can be picked up for a temporary health boost past the normal 100% (similar to how the Try Hard augment works)
    Laionidas wrote: »

Elaborate. I mean, they made her Russian. How can she be Czech?
    Is it because of the mountain logo-thingy on the REVIVR?
    I don't know how many years have passed. I still despise the Minemonkey and it'll never change!
    CMM is the absolute worst thing SD could've made. It doesn't work at all and makes finding OBJ games so much harder. I would really like to know who at SD had that bright idea.

• Jostabeere wrote: »

Elaborate. I mean, they made her Russian. How can she be Czech?
    Is it because of the mountain logo-thingy on the REVIVR?

Nope, there was a discussion on the STEAM forum the other day, where I drew the conclusion that "Czech" was most likely her nationality by birth.
    Is there any consensus on where she's from? An outdated "word of god" listed her as Swiss, although some claim that she's of Russian origin.

However, one of her taunts appears to be : "AUS DEM WEG BIN ARTZ!" Which translates from German to: "OUT OF THE WAY, I'M A DOCTOR!"

This, combined with her similarities to Nader, hints pretty strongly to being of some kind of Germanic origin.
    The Wiki has it listed as Bulgarian. I always thought she was Austrian.

swiss german i thought.

Eastern European (Not Russian). Probably Serbian or Bulgarian.

her fake papers probably come from diffrent countries. that's why no one actually knows her real nationality
    She has a distinct Slavic accent (if there is something like a pan-slavic accent, but you'll get the point). She doesn't sound German in any case. However, "AUS DEM WEG BIN ARTZ!", does hint at at least some German connection. Therefore my money is on "Czech". West-Czech and German ties have historically been strong (Sudetenland, Bohemia & Moravia), and many Czech people there have German as their first or second language.
    edited February 2016
    Edit: Was Thunders bio changed in the last weeks by any chance? @RazielWarmonic
    I remember it saying he's Russian. Aswell as Sparks. Now it says noone heard him speaking Russian, not even Sparks, and she can speak Russian.

• - Any gun with ring sight sucks.
    - Remburg should not be allowed to one shot mercs with health over 100(body, arm and leg shot), needs huge fire rate reduction and should not be allowed to headshot like any other gun in game.
    - Suicidal Prox mining should not exist.
    - Arty is cooler and better than Skyhammer.
    - RedEye is the best recon in game.
    - Hip firing with Grandeur is lovely.
  • RyePandaRyePanda Posts: 1,150
    - Caulden is my favourite secondary
    - Thunder is better than Fragger
    - Phoenix/Paco would actually be a popular merc if it wasn't for his awfull cliché voice acting
    - I hate Proxy, she's a chavette
    - Dreiss AR is the best all-purpose assault rifle/battle rifle primary
    - ADS as often as possible
    - Arty needed to be Vietnamese, not Chinese
    - Molotovs need a nerf
    - We need a fast moving, low health merc with an LMG
    - Vaseline's ability should be "Lube", enabling him to use his sniper rifle to OHK teammates
    - Sawbonez is the worst medic, his heals take too long to reach full effect, and teammates just run away from him
    - RedEye should have a card with the Dreiss, Caulden, and Kukri, with the Quick Slash, Chopper, and Flying Pig augments
    - When Turtle is released, at the inside of the barrier he deploys, facing the user, there should be a tray extension from which Turkish baklava and tea can be picked up for a temporary health boost past the normal 100% (similar to how the Try Hard augment works)

I get there are unpopular opinions, but Sawbonez being the worst medic? He is a must have on every comp team. Also, you want Vassili to have an ability to kill teammates (I hope you were joking about that one)?
    #teamStokerForever

Want to learn some trivia? Updated January 17th

Feel free to post what topics you want me to cover here: http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/profile/RyePanda

What state in the USA has the highest percentage of Caucasian people?
    A ) Montana
    Incorrect.

B ) Iowa
    Incorrect.

C ) Oregon
    Incorrect.

D ) Maine
    Correct. About 95% of people in Maine are Caucasian.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 1,044
    I find Rhino sexy.
  • Jostabeere wrote: »
    Edit: Was Thunders bio changed in the last weeks by any chance? @RazielWarmonic
    I remember it saying he's Russian. Aswell as Sparks. Now it says noone heard him speaking Russian, not even Sparks, and she can speak Russian.

Precisely, it now says Sparks can SPEAK Russian, not that she is =P
    RyePanda wrote: »
    I get there are unpopular opinions, but Sawbonez being the worst medic? He is a must have on every comp team. Also, you want Vassili to have an ability to kill teammates (I hope you were joking about that one)?

Yes, I was being sarcastic about Vaseline. I meant that with so many camping Vaseline players on any given team, contributing nothing to team effort, they might as well enable him to properly !@#$%^&;* up his team straight away.

About Sawbonez I was serious though, hence it being an unpopular opinion. I just find that apart from a large heal, he has nothing extra going for him. His doesn't have aura's continuous heal, he doesn't have Paco's (Phoenix's) mobile group heal, his combat potential is minimal, and he doesn't have Sparks' pro l33t revive. Add to that, that in pub matches he's a downright pain to play, due to teammates actually dogding your heals, I find him:

v1F1hk3.png?fb

• burst rifles need a @$!# damage nerf.
  • Bumping my old thread with new opinions.

• Javelin isn't the be all end all of Dirty Bomb balance.
    • Turtle sucks.
  • TheStrangerousTheStrangerous Posts: 1,637

I can live without Augments.

PC master race and console peasant jokes were never funny.
    Instead, there's two kinds of people: Those who don't get fooled by corporations and those who are their corporate slaves.

• watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,720

@TheStrangerous said:

Can we please?

Can we just have skins, trinkets, and different sights?

So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです
  • WintergreenWintergreen Posts: 484

Cool thread. Glad it got resurrected. Here are some of mine:

I like the SMG-9 despite it being considered bad.
    I also like the Blishlok for the same reason.
    I don't despise Splash Damage.
    I don't think this game is all that broken and imbalanced.
    I don't like Chapel, but I like(d) both Dome variants.
    I loved Execution and wish it was still here.
    I don't think bursts are stupidly OP - just need slight tweaks.
    I like Skyhammer more than Arty.
    Oh, and I don't think Nader looks like a butch @$!#.

@watsyurdeal said:

@TheStrangerous said:

Can we please?

Can we just have skins, trinkets, and different sights?

Judging by the very, and I do mean VERY MIXED reception during augments not working bug, I don't think so...

I do feel they complicate the balance of the game.

Instead, there's two kinds of people: Those who don't get fooled by corporations and those who are their corporate slaves.

• STARRYSOCKSTARRYSOCK Posts: 1,138

Arty and Fragger don't actually take MLG pro skill

• Lord_CoctusLord_Coctus Posts: 1,992

I like ranked

@STARRYSOCK said:
    Arty and Fragger don't actually take MLG pro skill

I thought this was supposed to be unpopular opinions only.

My aim is as great as a beautiful Proxy.

Neither of the two exist.
  • azz_abdrazz_abdr Posts: 82
    • shuffle should restart the game too, it's more fair if one already being camped or pushed too much
  • XenithosXenithos Posts: 1,154

Loadout cards suck. Properly balanced augments should be stackable.

The road is over, I finally got a sig. Hallelujah.

• PtilouiPtiloui Posts: 258

Once you unlocked all mercs, there's basically nothing to do anymore in this game (or in any other FPS of the same genre).

@Ptiloui said:
    Once you unlocked all mercs, there's basically nothing to do anymore in this game (or in any other FPS of the same genre).

Hard mode: Obtain every loadout for every skin on every merc.
    Impossible mode: Hard mode, but for every generation.
    Godlike mode: Includes founders and Obsidians

I feel DB would be better, if we got rid of ADS (Tunnel vision in sniper rifles is understandable). We don't need that modern trend junk.

Characters should move at sprinting speed, and have the sprint removed.

Don't judge me, I love running and gunning to death!

• LoafOfBreadLoafOfBread Posts: 443
    edited November 8
    • I love thunder
    • Sparks is bae
    • @$!#: Proxy
    • I loved first dome, Hate this one
    • @$!#: Nader
    • I prefer felix over Moa
    • Stiletto is more reliable compared to other melees right now (probably because it was never reliable before)
    • @$!#: Javelin
    • Every low level is a @$!# and their only purpose is being a meatshield for the offense
    • I prefer Caulden over any pistol (Maybe Desert Eagle)
    • @$!# JAVELIN PROXY AND NADER
  • -I think the burst rifles are horrible
    -Aura is the most attractive character in the game
    -Augments are meaningless and only reason to use loadout cards is for the different guns
    -Rhino is fun to play
    -Timik > Mk.46 on Thunder
    -Javelin is balanced right now
    -Guardian needs to be buffed

• SithasSithas Posts: 226

Everyone who is a main shotgun proxy player should have his account deleted.
    Removing shotgun from the game is also accepteble solution.

• ArtyrimArtyrim Posts: 97

@Sithas said:
    Everyone who is a main shotgun proxy player should have his account deleted.
    Removing shotgun from the game is also accepteble solution.

Thank god is about unpopular things, if not .....

To OP

• Sparks needs a shotgun
    • I think Sawbones healing is the least effective.
    • I don't hate Javelin
    • I don't like Sparks 383 because its over-used
    • Arty and Fragger are my least favorite of their classes.
    • Phantom doesn't need a buff
    • Smg-9 is good

@LoafOfBread said:

• I love thunder

Best assault

• Sparks is bae

Of course I have to agree

• @$!#: Proxy

I think most people think the same

• I loved first dome, Hate this one

New domes so boring now.

• Stiletto is more reliable compared to other melees right now (probably because it was never reliable before)

Stiletto maining intensifies