Defibrilator Pad as Weapon

I tried it a few times, it ended pathetically. What does it do? Worth it? There is a whole key (E) dedicated to it, so it must be powerful.

When would I use the pads?

Comments

• R5on11cR5on11c Posts: 98
    A fully charged pad does around 90-100 damage, i did some testing but only a bit. You can instakill weak classes, but keep in mind that a well placed melee attack can do the same amount of damage.

The mechanic becomes useful when the teammate you are attempting to revive dies completly and you are on your down without anyone to revive. When the opponent is in your vicinity (which is larger than it looks) you can use the charged pad to dish out a good amount of damage. In cases like Proxy, Aura and maybe Vassili that can result in an instant kill as mentioned before.

However, this mechanic will not be effective when charging at enemies as this proves to be uneffective with melee weapons, it will utterly fail with a charged pad because of the decreased walking speed.

So unless you are trying something funny, you should only use them as last-resort for revival fails.
  • I have been killed by the pads.

It's hilarious. xD
  • EoxEox FrancePosts: 2,965Moderator
    R5on11c wrote: »
    A fully charged pad does around 90-100 damage, i did some testing but only a bit. You can instakill weak classes, but keep in mind that a well placed melee attack can do the same amount of damage.

The mechanic becomes useful when the teammate you are attempting to revive dies completly and you are on your down without anyone to revive. When the opponent is in your vicinity (which is larger than it looks) you can use the charged pad to dish out a good amount of damage. In cases like Proxy, Aura and maybe Vassili that can result in an instant kill as mentioned before.

However, this mechanic will not be effective when charging at enemies as this proves to be uneffective with melee weapons, it will utterly fail with a charged pad because of the decreased walking speed.

So unless you are trying something funny, you should only use them as last-resort for revival fails.

This is true. Fully charged pads deals 100 damage. For additionnal information : non charged pads deal 44 damages.
  • ViquelViquel Posts: 174
    Thanks - it's just, that I usually use F (?) to revive and it's almost instant, switching back to the weapon I had. I find myself more often by accident in pad-mode than I would be thinking "wow, if only my shotgun was pads" - but I'm a noob :smile:
  • SzakalotSzakalot Posts: 3,173
    don't use 'f' to revive!

Reviving distance is much longer than the 'f' prompt. if you prepare your defibs earlier you can

a) charge them out of harms way jump in and make a fullHP revive
    b) revive from a bigger distance
    First!

48px-First_Blood.png?version=ee44701eadae9f5eb7db0d17c0edc6c9
  • DjiesseDjiesse mtl.qc.caPosts: 830Genome Editor
    edited April 2015
    What he said ^^

I've got a few kills with the pads, always when I was jumping in to revive a teammate with charged pads and an opponent rushed in for a knife finish at the same time. They were shocked by how effective it is (pun intended ;))
    Szakalot wrote: »
    don't use 'f' to revive!

Reviving distance is much longer than the 'f' prompt. if you prepare your defibs earlier you can

I had NO idea about that! I haven't seen anyone doing anything besides F-revives - bottom tier, yay :smiley:

How do I charge them?
    Is there a visual cue about revival distance?
  • SzakalotSzakalot Posts: 3,173
    Szakalot wrote: »
    don't use 'f' to revive!

I had NO idea about that! I haven't seen anyone doing anything besides F-revives - bottom tier, yay :smiley:

How do I charge them?
    Is there a visual cue about revival distance?

Take a look at the bottom-right side of the hud!
    You can hold 'e' to start charging defibs. Protip: long jump towards the body - start charing mid-air and release a 25-50% charged defibs giving the revived player ~75% of health.

You can also pull out defibs with '4' (or is it '5'?) and just hold down left mouse button: release to revive.

Distance is something you have to get a feel for; but its something along the lines of a full lying body length.
    First!

48px-First_Blood.png?version=ee44701eadae9f5eb7db0d17c0edc6c9
    OK, I can finally see why I would use them as weapons - thanks guys!
    If you spam the fire button with Defibs out after the first revive you keep them up after the second zap, that's a lot easier for me.

Also if you're cornered Defibs can be a hella hardcore weapon. Wait in the corner until someone comes around the corner. Your DMG output (100) is instantly applied to the enemy, the enemy can't react because a melee attack has swing time and a shotgun aswell as SMG or pistol has to be aimed. Came in handy for me taking down a lotta cocky people.
  • @R5on11c yes but i noticed that the defib range attack is really small, extremely hard to hit someone with it, to me it's better off using a melee weapon to be honest
    I was referring to really tight corners. If you have someone cutting a corner on the inside to approach you on surprise you can safely say that the distance between you and your enemy is under 1 meter.

I wouldn't however use it in situations where the enemy has the option to catch you from the distance.