DECEMBER 1ST HOTFIX CHANGES

Attention Dirty Bomb players,

The following changes were made during the December 1st Hotfix Maintenance:

Thunder
Concussion Grenades
-Removed 'cooking' from Concussion Grenades
-Reduced fuse time to 1.6s (from 2.0s)
-Reduced throw-cancel cooldown cost to 4s (from 8s)
-Increased movement stun radius to 368u (from 240u)
-Looking away from Concussion Grenades now dramatically reduces the duration of the blinding effect
-Team-mates now receive a much shorter blinding-effect when Friendly Fire is Off
-The duration of the blinding effect now correctly scales down over distance
-The severity of the movement stun effect now correctly scales down over distance
-The movement stun effect now gradually recovers over time
-Removed the mouse sensitivity reduction from the stun effect
-Dynamic objects like secondary objective doors now correctly block effects

Bug Fixes
-Fixed bug where the 'Welcome to Dirty Bomb' pop-up would show for existing players
-Fixed bug with invisible ramp in the Overground map
-Fixed bug where player movement could desynchronise when using the Quick-Eye augment
-Fixed bug where a destroyed Turret could begin firing again after being disabled by a Concussion Grenade
-Removed several blockout maps from the game files

Comments

• BananaSlugBananaSlug Posts: 1,894
    cool !
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)━☆゚.*・。゚ SD
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    woosh, keep going
    keeeeeeeep goin!
    yee, you guessed it... keeeeeeep goin
    lol you really want to see the end
    you almost got to the end
    lol, no
    i will tell you now, there is nothing at the end
    nothing i say
    ok, maybe something
    curiosity is the first step to hell
    my mom said that not sure why
    and bang here is the end
    you will be very suprised
    I
    B(no not bananas)
    BUCKETS
    you fool, why would you trust me, lol
    kek
    lmao
    did you know that you cannot die, because you eat banans
    thats because they make you immortal
    its scientific fact
    and i confirmed that many times
    eat bananas or die, i say
    there is always lenny at the end ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    sometimes even a wall of them
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)[/spoiler[/spoiler[/spoiler
  • Tanker_RayTanker_Ray Posts: 979
    edited December 2015
    Th Over-Rated, by people who were annoyed by concussionade.

Should change my name to ThunDerp ro, but space isn't allowed. damn.

Such a ThUnderwhelming merc.
    Post edited by Tanker_Ray on
  • CCP115CCP115 Posts: 1,426
    "Removed the mouse sensitivity reduction from the stun effect"

My life is complete. Do whatever you want to Thunder now, I don't care, I have my sensitivity back.
  • Tanker_RayTanker_Ray Posts: 979
    edited December 2015
    CCP115 wrote: »

My life is complete. Do whatever you want to Thunder now, I don't care, I have my sensitivity back.

May I concuss you then? :)
  • Thanks <3
  • CCP115 wrote: »

This and disabling cooking is serious nerf especcially when you are not flashed while conc nade blows behind :S
  • MissMurderMissMurder Posts: 1,429
    Let us know how the game feels as a whole after playing a bit!
  • MrarauzzMrarauzz Posts: 466
    MissMurder wrote: »
    Let us know how the game feels as a whole after playing a bit!

thunder felt underwhelming before and now he feels like a waste of time. He is in the assault category but i dont feel like he deserves that. The EMP/concussion nade seems like a good idea for a engineer but Thunder feels like a waste tbh.
  • MissMurder wrote: »
    -Removed the mouse sensitivity reduction from the stun effect

A TOAST TO SD
    TmtqSrg.jpg?2
  • DrcipresDrcipres Posts: 848
    Thunder's flashbangs should be like a molotov, or like an airstrike marker, very little time to explode, people will see a big red circle coming, so they should turn around, and the same fo r thunder
  • ArmuhsinArmuhsin Posts: 119
    edited December 2015
    Just played Thunder and I could still cook his nade...
    Was this intended or another glitch? xD

EDIT: nvm, there's still a 1.6 sec fuse q.q
    Post edited by Armuhsin on
  • cornJestercornJester Posts: 1,043
    Armuhsin wrote: »
    Just played Thunder and I could still cook his nade...
    Was this intended or another glitch? xD

Are you confusing being able to hold his nade for extended periods of time or cooking it so it detonates faster?
    "I'mma let you finish but RNG is the worst of all time." - Kanye Invest
    cornJester and gg2ez sitting in a tree, K.I.L.L.I.N.G.
  • Wait, Thunder was nerfed? I enjoyed using him but he seemed clearly underpowered to me pre-nerf. The Concussion Grenade could be extremely annoying but the situations where it even came close to matching Fragger's Grenade were rare. I guess my fears have been realized - the Concussion Grenade has been deemed too aggravating to be allowed to be viable.

If we're not going to be serious about making the blind and/or stun mechanics reliable then I think we need to go back to the drawing board on Thunder's ability. Otherwise Thunder will be stuck as the Phantom of assaults, only good for beating up on beginners who don't know how to avoid the blind.
  • KayDubzKayDubz Posts: 348
    @MissMurder

I did some testing...and when I self bang myself fully (standing on the bomb), Im blinded but still able to run just as fast...and turn just as easily. I was able to use my minimap to manuver around until my sight returned.

Is this kind of ease of movement and ease of seeing the map intended when you flash bang yourself? Im used to flash bangs wiping out your minimap in other video games.

How about enemy flash bangs? Ive yet to be hit by one fully yet...and Im wondering if Ill still be able to move around as easily while also aided by my minimap if I need to retreat while blind.
    edited December 2015
    cornJester wrote: »
    MissMurder wrote: »
    Thanks for all the feedback already. A LOT of players were in an uproar after we initially released Thunder- mostly to the team blinding that was happening and blinding yourself as Thunder... As for the other changes I'll definitely keep reading your feedback and relaying it to the devs.

He's just not as fun to play with the removal of the turn limiter. It's extremely hard to tell who is and isn't concussed now, which also removes some of the fun of it. Those who are blinded have their hand up but it's hard to tell with the concussive effect.

Also concussing people seems to be of little use and is unreliable, now that it simply slows them down a bit it's just two slower people fighting each other, except you have a massive hitbox for that higher health. They can aim just fine so it really kinda doesn't help all that much.

Fragger can outright kill you with his nades that have the same cooldown! Why are Thunder's nades being made less powerful when they don't even do damage? I have to still win a normal gunfight pretty much now.

EDIT: You probably should just not be able to move much at all, like Rhino spinup speed if concussed but still be able to aim.

Double Edit: It doesn't even seem to slow them down...
    Totally agree with this. Concussion/Stun grenades/Flash bangs should disorient a target. That means they should be slowed down and have poor aim. Simply being blind while being able to move freely isnt that helpful to the attacker at all.

I mean you already removed cooking the flash nades, so its much easier for opponents to notice the flash nade and turn away. Before, enemies at least had to also make sure to get a better distance away from the nade. Now getting away from its less important. Simply turn your back, and wait for the Thunder to walk in...even if you get somewhat "concussed".

With that big hitbox of his, youll be able to kill him anyway.

As it stands, Id feel like the EMP would be better in the hands of a recon merc like Phantom...so he finally has a way to help his team aside from being played like an assault merc. People floated around that idea before...of Phantom being able to slip through defenses and disable deployables (without the flash of course).

The EMP seems like itd be much more useful to Phanton than to Thunder....because that was the added bonus of the Flash bang. But with the concussion now nerfed...Thunder is less useful as an assault merc.

The most logical thing to do in my opinion is to give Thunder a straight up stun/flash grenade that concusses people, can be cooked, but with no EMP. It makes no sense for him to have it. What other assault merc has something that isnt explosives or geared toward straight up killing?

And the EMP should go to Phantom. Put it in his shield...and make it similar to Pheonix healing...in that you have to be within a specific range to disable deployables. This would truly make Phantom a recon merc. He would be able to slip through human defenses unseen, while also disable automated defenses for his team.

EDIT: I edited to fix typos and add clarification.
  • BlackBlack Posts: 511
    Kay-Dubz wrote: »
    @MissMurder

I did some testing...and when I self bang myself fully (standing on the bomb), Im blinded but still able to run just as fast...and turn just as easily. I was able to use my minimap to manuver around until my sight returned.

Is this kind of ease of movement and ease of seeing the map intended when you flash bang yourself? Im used to flash bangs wiping out your minimap in other video games.

How about enemy flash bangs? Ive yet to be hit by one fully yet...and Im wondering if Ill still be able to move around as easily while also aided by my minimap if I need to retreat while blind.

Alright, let's be honest with ourselves. Being blinded and slowed is pretty much overkill. You are going to blind me AND hinder my sight? Damn.

I think it should just be a blind because being slowed in Dirty Bomb is pretty much death.
    edited December 2015
    BlackFro wrote: »
    Kay-Dubz wrote: »
    @MissMurder

Alright, let's be honest with ourselves. Being blinded and slowed is pretty much overkill. You are going to blind me AND hinder my sight? Damn.

I think it should just be a blind because being slowed in Dirty Bomb is pretty much death.

How is it overkill? It does NO HP damage. Every other assault class can hurt you with their ability. What does Thunder gain in terms of killing power if his ability is now nerfed twice over?

He cant cook nades, so now enemies can look away and not get blinded.

Enemies can move freely and still kill a big hitbox because there's no concussed turn limiter anymore.

I dont see any true assault ability in him right now. Id much rather use Fragger nades, Nader's launcher, or Rhino's minigun. You know....abilities that actually hurt the enemy and rack up kills.
    I understand keeping sensitivity and god bless reducing friendly flashes. But...

Hit markers stays on screen when flashed, minimap stays on too, crosshair turns red when shooting the enemy, now there is no cooking and it is easy for experienced players to look away when there is a concussion grenade coming. I don't know what Thunder is for anymore.

All of this is right too. Thunder has much less ability as a killing class. Why is anything visible on the screen when flashed? I shouldnt be able to move freely, aim, and also have my sense of direction.
  • Pre this patch I could almost see his place inside a Competitive team, with some team coordination working well together to rack up some blinded / concussed kills, but now that everyone retains their sensitivity I see no hope in hell for him to ever even touch the competitive scene. No one will get blinded by the uncooked grenade, no one will be unable to shoot back when concussed, no one will use this merc in his current state, except to try and see how well they can do with a BAD MERC.
  • extravagentFlameextravagentFlame Posts: 1
    edited December 2015
    tunder is fun and too fat must diet LOL .but if tunder cant "cook" he is the worst of the merc in hole game
    Post edited by extravagentFlame on
  • ChaseChase Posts: 45
    Lets be honest here,

Thunder is underpowered pre-nerf and majority of the complaints were thunder flashing themselves or flashing teammates. If Thunder isn't going to reduce mouse sens, you might as well increase the slow it gives. I feel like Thunder's flashes should be able to reduce their sens and gradually return their sens.

There's a fine line between making Thunder overpowered and underpowered just like Phantom. Why not buff the flashbangs and nerf the cooldowns? Playing Thunder pre-nerf, I felt like I could toss flash bangs all day errday - in a sense I never had to wait for the cooldown consciously and it isn't as strategically-thought out as a molotov.

Personally, I feel that the Devs should consider buffing the flash and increasing the cooldown from 20-25 seconds.
  • bontsabontsa Posts: 1,601
    edited December 2015
    I am able to kind of see why developers wanted to tone down the ability somewhat; unlike Fraggernade, you're able to disorient a great deal of cluttered people, if not the whole team no matter if it is 5 or even 7 players. I'm not saying it shouldn't, if they all gather up so tightly they asked for it, but you get the idea: it does have larger range of effect than frag, rightly so.

However, doing stuff like removing the cook just "dumbs down" the ability a great deal. It feels like one of the most preventable, and even when hit easily dealable ability. Like for instance, it does give you tad bit of edge in 1vs1 but you should already have tools at your disposal to be considered a great threat in 1vs1: Thunder has large hp pool and harsh guns. These come with their own downsides already though, but Fragger is dealing with the same so I think that's what we're used to by now and works to some extent.

How about 2vs2, 2vs3, XvsX or XvsY? Well here it gets tricky, as for now you cannot be tactic enough with the flash to deal with competent players who know to anticipate it and look away. You can get the concussed- notification and barge in, even if cautiously only to face against couple completely unaffected individuals and get shreked. It's a irritation rather than powerful ability able to turn the tide of the underdog side. Whenever I win a underdog- like fight with Thunder'n'teammates, I dont feel the slightest it was due to "good flash" or anything, its the other things like positioning and concentration that was better than the enemy's.

Long story short and there's already been so much good discussion of other things I wanted to add to, that I just say stop dumbing the ability down, decide if you want it to be crowd control, irritation, non-lethal but powerful push tool or what, and go with it. Next time fix the bugs and clearly broken stuff with ability before changing it right off the bat after a week of testing, since technically we were testing broken "product" for the first week to begin with.
    Lusting after legends? Fancy for some fiction? Craving for chronicles?
  • DeadAliveDeadAlive Posts: 147
    edited December 2015
    Glad to see most of this.

I don't care for the complete removal of the sensitivity effect, and I'm still not sure that retaining an FF flash with FF off is a good idea. With the nade heavily adjusted, is that really necessary?

Personally, I think leaving in the reduced mouse sensitivity is fine so long as the range is very short, basically needing to land within 0.5-1m.

I agree with others that you have to compare to other grenade types. When Fragger and Nader's nades land, they can KILL multiple people in a decent range. Thunder's nade does no damage, so it doesn't need a super nerf.

Players not liking the stun effect should keep in mind that if it had been a Fragger nade landing by them, they wouldn't be alive to complain about it. Thunder's nade is designed to PREP a small area for incursion, and cause moderate disarray amongst a few players.

I haven't had time to be exposed to this new update yet, but I definitely favor restoring the stun effect in limited fashion. If you don't want to restore the sensitivity reduction, then please consider adding a large spread which reduces over time. (it never had spread, right?)