Merc role-call: Thunder

2»

Comments

  • FiktioFiktio Posts: 304
    Time to earn some credits for Thor. B)
  • KayDubzKayDubz Posts: 348
    So he's fragger with flash bangs? Not that intrigued to be honest.

    Would have loved to have seen Turtle or Aimee instead. This game needs another engineer. This is like what...the 5th assault merc?
  • Mr-PenguinMr-Penguin Posts: 2,214
    Kay-Dubz wrote: »
    So he's fragger with flash bangs? Not that intrigued to be honest.

    Would have loved to have seen Turtle or Aimee instead. This game needs another engineer. This is like what...the 5th assault merc?

    Fourth, unless you count Fletcher as a pseudo-assault merc.

    And honestly, Turtle and Aimee wouldn't have brought much to the game either.
    0egQoN7.png
    Art courtesy of @Matuno
    IGN/Steam Profile Mr. Penguin
    Have an idea for a new merc? Then head on over to my Mercenary Suggestion Form and go post it!
  • KayDubzKayDubz Posts: 348
    edited November 2015
    I count Phantom as assault. He does absolutely no Recon work. People use him as assault, and he has no usefulness as recon.
  • KayDubzKayDubz Posts: 348
    1 more thing about Thunder...the concussion grenades are something cool, new, and different-ish. But I cannot see him as being an true alternative to Fragger as some people here and on Reddit have hinted at.

    Fragger can already take out deployables with a frag nade, as well as kill people sitting near them. Plus you and your team waste less bullets finishing off people who got hit with splash damage.

    Flash banging a group or deployables still means you need to knife and/or shoot them in order to clear the area. I can see myself using Thunder for like a week, and then quickly going back to Fragger if I need a merc who has high kill potential.
  • Am I right in assuming that the flash bang will have a bigger radius then the frag? As it defiantly looked like it and I wouldn't be surprised. Imagine hitting a team with it, then getting a stoker to throw down some fire :O or a frag, or even some mines. Actually, literally any offensive ability would be helped by the flash.

    Aldo, do we know all the effects, e.g. Does it slow people, or is it only for blinding?
  • gg2ezgg2ez Posts: 2,565
    Russian hype gif for Russian merc.

    giphy.gif

    KEK is love, KEK is life.
  • XavienXXavienX Posts: 2,399
    When Thunder goes on rotation, the horror...

    Jev's the best daddy. @ValkyrieHunter32
  • What took you guys so long?????????????

    I hunger for battle!!!!! Deploy me quick!!!!






    I loved additional 5 rounds for MK.46(How about just give him 100/100?), but slightly disappointed with 160hp..

    Unlike Fragger and Nader, Concussion Grenade force you to get inside enemy's defence, I am worried about his tankyness. His BANG has no damage and doesn't clear out defence system like other Assault's explosives.





    BUT, I am just so happy that he is FINALLY coming out!!!!

    My thirst is at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    p.s. Also hope Timik's characteristic change AGAIN. If Thunder is out and Timik still gets that damn recoil buff, you guys are real nuts. Please distinguish the gun compared to M4!
  • Will there be an option to tone down the flash bang for light sensitive players like myself? I don't have Fletcher aviators to block them out
    tumblr_nr997cy4zO1qep3h6o4_500.gif
  • Whoever was playing Thunder in the role call really loves staring at his own grenades. :lol:
  • Oh god now I'm going to get murdered even more when I try to revive teammates! :p

    Looks like a nice merc but I already have Nader and I rather spent (personally) credits in mercs with engineer skills or medics.
  • DrcipresDrcipres Posts: 848
    tominatorx wrote: »
    Oh god now I'm going to get murdered even more when I try to revive teammates! :p

    Looks like a nice merc but I already have Nader and I rather spent (personally) credits in mercs with engineer skills or medics.

    You dont consider fragger like a god tier ?
  • Drcipres wrote: »
    tominatorx wrote: »
    Oh god now I'm going to get murdered even more when I try to revive teammates! :p

    Looks like a nice merc but I already have Nader and I rather spent (personally) credits in mercs with engineer skills or medics.

    You dont consider fragger like a god tier ?

    I do. More assault mercs means more heavy stopping power that's what I was referring to.

    And I have considered buying him although Stoker looks also pretty nice for crowd control. All in all I'm happy with Nader at the moment so it's not that urgent for me to get Fragger or Stoker. :)
  • Well we all are about to get
  • watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,687
    @aristocraticLadder

    Actually it's more like

    So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.


    ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです
  • sneaksneak Posts: 418
    What I see:

    1. Another way to destroy the already easily destroyed turret.
    2. Turret that already may not even lock on fast enough is being changed to lock on even slower.
    3. Another "Rhino-like" merc for the worst of the worst players. Rhino still not being nerfed yet things like proxy mines and turrets are. Very odd.

    I imagine it's going to be pretty frustrating fighting a character that is very similar to Rhino in health and firepower who can also blind you.
  • FaralethFaraleth Posts: 2,254
    sneak wrote: »
    What I see:

    1. Another way to destroy the already easily destroyed turret.
    2. Turret that already may not even lock on fast enough is being changed to lock on even slower.
    3. Another "Rhino-like" merc for the worst of the worst players. Rhino still not being nerfed yet things like proxy mines and turrets are. Very odd.

    I imagine it's going to be pretty frustrating fighting a character that is very similar to Rhino in health and firepower who can also blind you.

    @sneak You met Fragger? XD
    It does not go like a rocket, because I already have rockets that go like rocket, because that is what they are.
  • sneaksneak Posts: 418
    Faraleth wrote: »
    sneak wrote: »
    What I see:

    1. Another way to destroy the already easily destroyed turret.
    2. Turret that already may not even lock on fast enough is being changed to lock on even slower.
    3. Another "Rhino-like" merc for the worst of the worst players. Rhino still not being nerfed yet things like proxy mines and turrets are. Very odd.

    I imagine it's going to be pretty frustrating fighting a character that is very similar to Rhino in health and firepower who can also blind you.

    @sneak You met Fragger? XD

    Yeah, I find him a little bit tanky but he's not got such firepower that he's nearly impossible to solo, like Rhino =<. I don't like playing him, personally but I see the struggle of fighting against him with various characters so far. When it comes to Rhino, yeah I've killed alot of them but sometimes it's just ridiculous what they get away with.

  • Well... guess who needs to go buy more aspirin tomorrow...
  • He is really cool. But I feel he is a bit too strong. I haven't played him myself, but while playing against he seem to have a very short cooldown on his bang-thingy.
  • LugiLugi Posts: 9
    @aristocraticLadder

    Actually it's more like


    I listened to this with my db open. I had only a few mercs unlocked. Now i have them all!!
  • FonzieFonzie Posts: 51
    I'm a bit scared if Red Eye, Nader and Thunder would join together in rotation, please, please, please no! LOL
    ps. I think that both Smoke grenade and stun grenade have to be corrected: i would have the pleasure to see the team with Red Eye or Thunder not to be limited by the abilities of these two guys, Nader's grenades don't affect team as well as Fragger's and Fletcher's...
  • LugiLugi Posts: 9
    I get it why smoke grenade affects yout team, since Red Eye can spot the enemy through the smoke and potentiallly help the team in some situations, but the stun grenade just blind your allies. That's it. Even on ridiculous distances if you happen to be looking on the direction that it was thrown you will be blinded. It disrupts your team as well as the enemy, just on a lower scale.
  • I'm really loving Thunder. He's made it onto my regular rotation now.
    The LMG is just so fun to play with that I often forget I actually have a Concussion Grenade as well.

    Here is a recent video I did of him.. took me 6 minutes to use my Concussion Grenade as I had totally forgotten about it until then.

    Fun kill streak at 8:40 as well if people feel like watching.

Sign In or Register to comment.