Your DPI and in-game sensitivity ?

I have no been able to find the sweet spot, but now i use 900dpi and 8.5-10 sensitivity.
If you could share your dpi and sens, i could try them out and maybe find the perfect one for me.

Comments

• SteelMailboxSteelMailbox Posts: 1,600
    1000DPI with 8.5 sens
    To be honest, This signature is the best idea for a signature I currently have.
  • It's all about personal Preference. So it will not help you, when you test settings of other People.

You should get the best Results if you play with native CPI (depends on Mouse ---> Google).
    Make sure you turn the Pointer Precision in Windows off. Pointer Speed should be 6/11.
    VSync should also be off, because it adds a huge amount of Input Lag.

Then find a ingame Sensitivity which suits you (play, play, play).

Here are my Settings atm:

Mouse: G402
    Mouse Pad: Steelseries Qck+
    CPI: 400
    Windows Sensitivity: 6/11, Pointer Precision: off
    Sensitivity: 15
  • sensit1ve_ wrote: »
    It's all about personal Preference. So it will not help you, when you test settings of other People.

You should get the best Results if you play with native CPI (depends on Mouse ---> Google).
    Make sure you turn the Pointer Precision in Windows off. Pointer Speed should be 6/11.
    VSync should also be off, because it adds a huge amount of Input Lag.

Then find a ingame Sensitivity which suits you (play, play, play).

Here are my Settings atm:

Mouse: G402
    Mouse Pad: Steelseries Qck+
    CPI: 400
    Windows Sensitivity: 6/11, Pointer Precision: off
    Sensitivity: 15

I know it's hard to find a good one from other peoples settings, but honestly, i'm just lazy.
  • ArmuhsinArmuhsin Posts: 119
    DPI: 1000
    Sens: 10
  • got a 9 year old Mx518..lookin to upgrade rel soon..got mmy dpi settings cranked..
    ingame 5.0
  • gg2ezgg2ez Posts: 2,565
    Sometimes I play at 8000 dpi for the lulz. I can't hit a damn thing.

KEK is love, KEK is life.
  • gg2ez wrote: »
    Sometimes I play at 8000 dpi for the lulz. I can't hit a damn thing.

I need try max dpi for the lulz
    G502 12.000 dpi
  • RabidDoGRabidDoG Posts: 84
    edited October 2015
    Looking to get a RAT or Cyborg myself,,and I run 1 of these?
    Cause I have big ol gorilla hands...
  • qjackqjack Posts: 123
    DPI: 720
    Sens: 6.5
  • watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,688
    edited October 2015
    Been experimenting a long time, but right now I have 400 dpi and about 10.922667 in game. 15 inches per 360, my 180s feel spot on around that sens.

I highly recommend if you wanna get good at this game, you shoot for something between 10-20 inches per 360.
    So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです
  • SupaSupa Posts: 140
    Mouse: Zowie EC1-A
    DPI: 400
    Hz: 1000
    Sens: 15
  • FiktioFiktio Posts: 304
    DPI 800 and in-game sensitivity 10
  • LitegoLitego Posts: 579
    DPI: 400
    Sensitivity: 7.431314

Do not mess around with your DPI, use your mouses native DPI as @sensit1ve_ said, that's the only correct option, everything else is sub optimal. Then you tweak the sensitivity to your preference. I'd recommend you be able to do a 360-540 degree turn by swiping your mouse across the entire mouse pad. And as for the mouse pad, the bigger the better.

But whatever you do, do NOT use the max DPI on the mouse, terrible, terrible idea! It's also a bad idea to go below 5 sensitivity in-game, if you have to, cut your DPI in half (no other DPI value) and double the in-game sensitivity to compensate and come above 5. Also always use 6/11 windows sensitivity and turn off enhance pointer precision. Those are the correct settings, everything else is @$!#.

I won't go into other settings that affect your mouse right now, but again as @sensit1ve_ said, the worst offender is vsync, so make sure that is off.
  • avidCowavidCow Posts: 740
    G502
    2000 DPI
    5.something sens
  • @avidCow
    G502 here as well !
  • avidCowavidCow Posts: 740
    edited October 2015
    moon_moon wrote: »
    @avidCow
    G502 here as well !

What do you think about the ergonomics? I actually prefer my old intellimouse, but it was very old and died. Also, lots of fluff collects in the grooves on the bottom of the 502. Still an awesome mouse tho
  • avidCow wrote: »
    @avidCow
    G502 here as well !

What do you think about the ergonomics? I actually prefer my old intellimouse, but it was very old and died. Also, lots of fluff collects in the grooves on the bottom of the 502. Still an awesome mouse tho

i do like the ergonomics but it's hard for me to reach the sniper button since my hand is fairly small. otherwise my favourite mouse so far.
  • the fluff is a problem for me as well
  • I'm currently on a mouse setting of 4000 DPI (Logitech G500) and in-game sens of 3. Might bump up in-game sens to 3.5 or 4 shortly.
  • LifeupOmegaLifeupOmega Posts: 1,964
    400 / 19

Really no need to go higher than 400, better to mess with sens.
    You don't need to learn how to aim in Dirty Bomb if you just use Bursts, Shotguns or Sniper Rifles.
  • TelzenTelzen Posts: 80
    1800 DPI
    16 in game sensitivity

I can't play with low sensitivity. 10+ inches to do a 360, no thanks.
  • Telzen wrote: »
    1800 DPI
    16 in game sensitivity

I started with 1800dpi and 15 sens, but now i've gone down to 100dpi and 3.5 sens
  • TelzenTelzen Posts: 80
    Telzen wrote: »
    1800 DPI
    16 in game sensitivity

I started with 1800dpi and 15 sens, but now i've gone down to 100dpi and 3.5 sens

Wow that's a pretty huge change. I've tried going down but it just doesn't work for me. My desk doesn't have enough space anyway.
  • Samniss_ArandeenSamniss_Arandeen Posts: 623
    edited November 2015
    400 / 19

Really no need to go higher than 400, better to mess with sens.

If my mouse didn't start skipping pixels below 2k, I'd follow that advice. Well, that and 3k DPI is my preferred cursor setting.

I'm having success with 3000/6, or around 3.6 in./360
  • 3200 dpi, with 400dpi switch for them close encounters, regular windows sensitivity (7 if im not mistaken) and 10? in game sens....feels natural to me anyhows.

although with precision weapons im always a few inches off at longer ranges but so many different characters with different movement speeds and players who are generally amazing at never ever touching the ground and levitating across the map how could it be easy to get the right sens? xD
  • SiegeFace wrote: »
    regular windows sensitivity (7 if im not mistaken)
    No! Windows sens is 6 of 11! Any less, and your mouse movements skip dots; any more, and your cursor skips pixels.

Ah well. Dirty Bomb picks up your mouse directly instead of reading the cursor movement, so Windows Pointer Sensitivity doesn't affect DB.
  • @Telzen it was supposed to ne 1000dpi and 4.5 sens. Oops
  • SiegeFace wrote: »
    regular windows sensitivity (7 if im not mistaken)
    No! Windows sens is 6 of 11! Any less, and your mouse movements skip dots; any more, and your cursor skips pixels.

So i was mistaken ; )
    Ah well. Dirty Bomb picks up your mouse directly instead of reading the cursor movement, so Windows Pointer Sensitivity doesn't affect DB.

That's is good information to know.
  • my sensitivity is 25 ingame, how are you guys playing with 4?
  • my sensitivity is 25 ingame, how are you guys playing with 4?

It takes some getting used to, but when you learn it it is helpful in long range encounters.