Lessons learnt the hard way

124»

Comments

• XyfurionXyfurion Posts: 498
    81. If you're playing as Stoker, DO NOT use your molotov on a single person unless ABSOLUTELY necessary (ie. said person is defusing C4 and you can't reach in time)

82. Map knowledge and control is important. Find trick jumps and ways to flank. Find out the enemy spawn time (specifically in objective mode since in SW it's the same). This can help you time your attacks.

83. Don't get into fights you know you are going to lose. Hide in cover and strategize.

Looking to change your HUD? Look no more! Use HUDEdit! Failing at ranked? Learn Call-outs!
  • 84. If you are phoenix, holding the heal key longer would heal you more rather than just tapping that key.

I didnt know about it for so long until one day i accidentally hold that key and it healed me more.

Also please heal after revive (if doing quick revive) because revived teammates have only around 30% hp when revived, this will give you xp too.

Phoenix healing has a very low cooldown so its ok to spam for just one teammate in most situations
  • 85: In light of the above: DON'T TAP REVIVE. You just have to hold down the revive button for a few seconds, and they will get up with full or nearly full health. Just wait till the defibs have an electric beam between them. If you're reviving under fire, try long jumping towards the downed teammate, and charging your defibs whilst in the air. Charging defibs saves a lot of health packs and time.
  • Ardez1Ardez1 Posts: 3,288
    85: In light of the above: DON'T TAP REVIVE. You just have to hold down the revive button for a few seconds, and they will get up with full or nearly full health. Just wait till the defibs have an electric beam between them. If you're reviving under fire, try long jumping towards the downed teammate, and charging your defibs whilst in the air. Charging defibs saves a lot of health packs and time.

There are actually great reasons why tap reviving is better in some situation then others. I don't believe any blanket statement in regards to revives is correct. This thread is more to make people aware of mechanics then determine how to use those mechanics.

While tap healing with Phoenix might be better in some situations, holding to heal more is better in others. Same is true of revives. If somebody is about to get gibbed I would rather tap revive them then see them get finished while I let my paddles charge. Same thing is if you are in a big fight and multiple teammates are down it might be more important to get them up quickly then with full health. Point is, cater your use of mechanics to the situation you are in. There is no best way to do everything.
    I am a volunteer moderator on these forums. My opinion is my own and does not represent the opinion of Splash Damage or Nexon.
  • DysfnalDysfnal Posts: 900
    85.5 only "tap" revive as an aura near your station or a Sawbonez, immediately administering a medpack
  • Dysfnal wrote: »
    85.5 only "tap" revive as an aura near your station or a Sawbonez, immediately administering a medpack

It's a waste of a medpack to not charge your paddles with Sawbonez IMHYMCO.
  • SupersneakySupersneaky Posts: 118
    edited June 2016
    86. Place proxy mines in spots that can't be avoided or atleast makes a smart opponent take time to destroy it. Placing mines in the open hardly work. Also, you can place mines on downed opponents to lure a medic in or to keep that player from being revived.

87. Call down kiras laser behind cover (as close to opponents as possible) so you don't get killed in the process.

88. Use arty airstrikes at the back of ev while opposing team is trying to repair (rather then waiting for it). You'll quite often kill multiple opponents and delay the game even further.

89. Place C4s in spots your team can easily cover and not places that give the diffusing enemy cover. (A good example is underground last objective.)

90. As a Medic focus on teammates health bar, if it's getting low get ready and charge for a revive, this way they'll be up before they even touch the ground.

91. Sitting still while using phantoms cloak makes you hardly visible, good for ambushing an unsuspecting prey.

92. Kira and stoker have ammo stations that can block of small entrances, the only way past is destroying it. This can be used as a trap or to alert you if an enemy is coming that way. They can also be used as shields to cover you or your team on an objective.

93. Redeyes smoke grenade can be used as a decoy, for eg. Throwing a smoke into a spot the enemy is approaching and flanking them from another angle. When people see smoke they usually assume a sniper is inside and will take cover.

94. Burst fire on mounted machine guns, itll keep it accurate and from overheating so fast.

95. Sneaking up to repair objects like the ev in bridge is better done without shooting sometimes, youll repair the ev without allerting nearby opponents that are focused on killing your team.

I'll think of more soon :)
  • HunterAssassin5HunterAssassin5 Posts: 1,201
    96. As a medic, bodyblock incapacitated teammates as you rez them to protect them from gunfire trying to finish them off.
    QgEMw04.jpg
  • SzakalotSzakalot Posts: 3,187
    Dysfnal wrote: »

It's a waste of a medpack to not charge your paddles with Sawbonez IMHYMCO.

its much faster to fast heal+medpack.

Also, if you charge defibs you run the risk of the person getting gibbed.
    First!

48px-First_Blood.png?version=ee44701eadae9f5eb7db0d17c0edc6c9
    Matuno wrote: »
    Szakalot wrote: »
    MTLMortis wrote: »
    DeadPixels wrote: »
    I know that you can see when you and your team are gonna respawn, but what about the enemy team? They spawn at the different time right

Their spawn cycle isn't the same as yours.

it is for stopwatch @DeadPixels

Only in ranked as far as I know.
    In public play, the spawntimer changes with the amount of players on the team. If you don't have the same amount of players from the beginning and if someone leaves/joins, the spawntimers will be out of sync.

Nope. spawntimer changes in obj mode only.
    First!

ShadowCow wrote: »
    80.If you main stoker and skyhammer like I do use stoker's ammo station and skyhammer's ammo packs usually where you spawn because when you spawn your ammo is like one ammo pack down, so fill it to max when you spawn. And use the airstrike as a gernade it is way better than the airstrike because the enemy has probably left when the airstrike comes, and use the Molotov on C4 objectives if you are attacker like if the c4 is planted and like 4 ppl are there used the molotov to burn them all.

Its okay to put ammo packs at spawn, but dropping the ammo station at spawn is a waste. Station is much better closer to the frontline, where people actually do need the ammo.
    First!

Sinsanatis wrote: »
    Szakalot wrote: »
    14: secondary objectives can be destroyed with conventional weapons - generators, walls etc.

I knew about the generator, but the wall??? If it is true, that is definitely a game changer on terminal.

There used to be destructible walls in Dome. Maybe they will come back in some other maps.
    First!

97. As nader, lobbing nades at EV makes them explode on impact, even if the EV is disabled.

Useful against opponents who are nearby EV for an easy damage.
    First!

• 98. Don't block teammates' shight with your back.
  • DarenaBryantDarenaBryant Posts: 10

'Helping with repairs doesn't improve repair time'?

I could have sworn that Proxy can improve overall repair time by helping or doing it first...

• MrHaaaxMrHaaax Posts: 53

@DarenaBryant said:
    'Helping with repairs doesn't improve repair time'?

I could have sworn that Proxy can improve overall repair time by helping or doing it first...

Only because she's an Engineer, her repair time is much faster = the repair progress is advanced much further in the same amount of time compared to non-engineers. The same applies to Bushwhacker and Fletcher.

The tip is true if there are no engineers repairing/arming/defusing, or multiple engineers. If you see 'FASTER TEAMMATE REPAIRING/DISARMING' then you should stop to cover your teammate.

• KangaJooKangaJoo Posts: 307
    edited June 7
    1. Bronze loadouts have the same perks and weapons as the higher rarity ones and can be purchased directly with in game credits. When you buy a merc, try to keep enough credits saved to also buy a good bronze loadout instead of relying on cases.

2. If you're using a class that can drop ammo don't spam them right in front of spawn. Throw them out around the areas you see teammates grouping up. Also if you're ever just around teammates and have nobody to shoot at, drop some ammo, it'll get picked up eventually.

Post edited by KangaJoo on