Lessons learnt the hard way

Comments

• 48: delete all your notifications on a regular basis.

i had 628 and my menu was awful slow, so much that i didnt have enough time to pick a different merc when the next map was decided.
    i eventually scrolled all the way down and found the clear all button :flushed:

the game seems to load all the notifications whenever you click something new haha.
  • LANsharkLANshark Posts: 161
    kopyright wrote: »
    47. Use the quick voice commands to ask for ammo or a medic. (V-2-1 and V-2-2 I think?) as this will display a small icon above your merc which makes it easier for us to find you. Just shouting "AMMO PLZ!" in the chat three times does not allow us to triangulate your position on the map.

v-2-1 is medic
    v-2-2 is ammo
    if they dont give ammo, go back and get ammo from an ammo crate
  • inane.inane. Posts: 13
    edited September 2015
    Speaking of ammo:

49: There are yellow/grey/white (I think?) ammo boxes all over the maps. That goddamn Skyhammer won't give you ammo? No problem, these boxes are undestructible and have and Unlimited amount of ammo in them.

Also:

50: Besides the round-timer, there is a respawn-timer, when it reaches 0 all dead teammembers can respawn. Try to use it to your advantage, by attacking the enemy, when the timer reaches the lower end. Also take advantage of this, when commiting suicide.
  • WkajWkaj Posts: 35
    51: Enemies can pickup your deployed health packs / ammo packs!
    Don't throw a load of health /ammo packs onto the objective when there are enemies near! they will use them and shoot you back!
  • XyfurionXyfurion Posts: 498
    52. Strafe while shooting.
    This makes you harder to track than if you kept walking in a straight line. It is also nice if you make small resets to your strafe every now and then. Make sure you have good aim... Otherwise you're screwed...

Looking to change your HUD? Look no more! Use HUDEdit! Failing at ranked? Learn Call-outs!
  • fancypantsfancypants Posts: 32
    edited October 2015
    53. when you have your knife out, left mouse will do light attack and right mouse button will do heavy attack which does more damage but slower, only good vs standing still enemies.
    54. your sentry gun has a health pool of 110hp, like a player has but without health regen, so its a good idea do dismantle and mount the sentry after it receive some damage same for healthstations.
    55. you can use your sentry gun as a shield while you´re defusing c4.
    56. if you have card with the cricket bat its faster to run with the pistol-
    57. when you sentry gun is destroyed but still standing you can in the last second dismantle it, so you get no cooldown for a new sentry gun.
    Post edited by fancypants on
  • SzakalotSzakalot Posts: 3,187
    source on 56? @fancypants
    First!

48px-First_Blood.png?version=ee44701eadae9f5eb7db0d17c0edc6c9
  • @Szakalot I´m not sure so I edited it, thank you.

Aim for the head, even on dead enemies that are not gibbed yet, as his will save you some time and ammo
  • dont know what the exact number is, but counting th most recent number and adding the tips that came after...

34. check all of your key bindings before going into a match after every (major?) update. some stuff may be set to default or just straight up bound to nothing.
    QgEMw04.jpg
  • > @TheRyderShotgun said:
    > dont know what the exact number is, but counting th most recent number and adding the tips that came after...
    >
    > 34. check all of your key bindings before going into a match after every (major?) update. some stuff may be set to default or just straight up bound to nothing.

... 59 should of been your number not 34... how did you get to 34... the one on top of you is 58
  • 60: Stoker's Molotov can be used to block a path for a few seconds!
    60: Stoker's Molotov can be used to block a path for a few seconds!

really? :open_mouth:
    First!

• ThiagoJaquetaThiagoJaqueta Posts: 174
    edited November 2015
    10 Little tips for you guys.
    61. You can destroy Vassili's Heartbeat sensor. Look for a Small Blinking Red Light on the ground and shot it!
    62. You can use explosives to remove RedEye's Smoke and Stoker Molotov, Also, the Molotov Fire can be extinguished with RedEye's Smoke
    63. If you dislike a Mission/Challange or is too difficult for you, you can remove this challange by clicking on the "X" on the Top-Right corner of the Mission, then it will be replaced with another one when the Mission Timer reset
    64. Switch to your knife and Light Attack is faster than pressing the Quick Melee Button, since this button perform a Heavy Attack.
    65. Fletcher Sticky Bombs don't despawn when you die.
    66. You get Bonus Credits by Winning he First Match, and Playing Each GameMode, Including Competitive.
    67. Direct Hit with Sawbonez MedPacks will make your teammates get an Small Instant Heal, and also give you more HP, If you direct Hit with Spark MiniMeds, they'll get extra HP as well.
    68. Kill Streaks will make you earn Badges, This can be Triple Kill, Ace, Unstopable, Godlike... The more Badges you got, the more XP you got! So... Try not to die if possible.
    69. If your whole team is dead, try to fallback and not die so you can rush with them, or kill yourself so you can spawn with them, just keep an eye out for that respawn.
    70. Make sure that you have your shotgun Pumped, if you shot and switch weapons too fast your char won't be able to pump-action, and it will pump only after you switch to your shotgun again. This is a very important hint to Fletcher Players (that use shotgun ofc)
    Post edited by ThiagoJaqueta on
  • Szakalot wrote: »
    60: Stoker's Molotov can be used to block a path for a few seconds!

really? :open_mouth:

ok ok
  • ... 59 should of been your number not 34... how did you get to 34... the one on top of you is 58

i dont remember, its been a while since then, but im very sure that 58 wasnt there before...oh well.
    65. Fraggers Sticky Bombs don't despawn when you die.

*fletcher
    66. You get Bonus Credits by Playing the First Match, and Winning Each GameMode, Including Competitive.

actually the bonus only applies to first win of the day, not win in each game mode, but play in each game mode is correct, unless they changed that?
    QgEMw04.jpg
  • 71. Always drop ammo skyhammers.
  • @TheRyderShotgun Fixed, thanks.
  • 72. Aim at the Knees/ waist long range with burst rifles, especially stark. You'll hit all the bullets, and the last one may be a headshot, if your lucky or skilled.
  • 73. Not sure if this has been mentioned but, disable headbobbing in options. Will keep your aim stationary and make you more accurate.
  • DracoDraco Posts: 60
    edited March 2016
    74. Throw the hearbeat sensor in places with cover/second floor/roof, so the enemies can't destroy it easily and your team will have a tactical advantage against the enemy positions (The sensor detects in a sphere)
    75. For Redeye, use the smoke grenade in the objectives like c4/deliver point for hiding the engineer/bomb/repair guy instead on your position. The enemies wil likely try to shoot to smoke looking for you and it's harder to see where is the c4.
    76. If you're medic keep an eye on the minimap for downed teammates and focus on reviving than fighting (it's better to have more guns shooting than just yours)
  • > @inane. said:
    >
    > 50: Besides the round-timer, there is a respawn-timer, when it reaches 0 all dead teammembers can respawn. Try to use it to your advantage, by attacking the enemy, when the timer reaches the lower end. Also take advantage of this, when commiting suicide.

I know that you can see when you and your team are gonna respawn, but what about the enemy team? They spawn at the different time right
  • MTLMortisMTLMortis Posts: 462
    DeadPixels wrote: »
    I know that you can see when you and your team are gonna respawn, but what about the enemy team? They spawn at the different time right

Their spawn cycle isn't the same as yours.
  • I suspected it, but i wasn't sure, thx
    MTLMortis wrote: »

it is for stopwatch @DeadPixels
    First!

• MatunoMatuno Posts: 606
    Szakalot wrote: »
    MTLMortis wrote: »

it is for stopwatch @DeadPixels

Only in ranked as far as I know.
    In public play, the spawntimer changes with the amount of players on the team. If you don't have the same amount of players from the beginning and if someone leaves/joins, the spawntimers will be out of sync.
  • DexterGrifDexterGrif Posts: 148
    77. If you are playing Skyhammer or Arty, press E WHENEVER you see a teammate, whether or not they asked for ammo. Seriously, its free XP and will always be helpful. If a teammate has used an ability, even if they are just one round under max, hit them with a pack to reduce their cooldowns. Its super helpful for upfront medics like Phoenix and Sawbonez, as their abilities will keep you alive and they will always need ammo.
  • ShadowCowShadowCow Posts: 24
    78. Medic remember to not be a hero unless you are mlg pro 360 no scope, focus on healing downed people so they can cover you why you heal them. It is way better if the medic is not the hero because of the low health a medic has, unless you are an op phoinex, but mostly try try to revive and heal instead of charging headfirst to enemy spawn.

79.Don't be d**ks with you abilities if your ability is charged and you know it can help a teammate being shot at use it, instead of standing their helping them shoot, it doesn't work out most of the time.

80.If you main stoker and skyhammer like I do use stoker's ammo station and skyhammer's ammo packs usually where you spawn because when you spawn your ammo is like one ammo pack down, so fill it to max when you spawn. And use the airstrike as a gernade it is way better than the airstrike because the enemy has probably left when the airstrike comes, and use the Molotov on C4 objectives if you are attacker like if the c4 is planted and like 4 ppl are there used the molotov to burn them all.
  • SirSwagSirSwag Posts: 293
    If you're the only one alive on your team, it might simply be better to push k and suicide. Going in alone will risk you getting hit with a long spawn, and leaving the rest of your team a player short. It's a pretty high skill tactic, but trickling in one at a time will only guarantee defeat.
  • DexterGrifDexterGrif Posts: 148
    SirSwag wrote: »
    If you're the only one alive on your team, it might simply be better to push k and suicide. Going in alone will risk you getting hit with a long spawn, and leaving the rest of your team a player short. It's a pretty high skill tactic, but trickling in one at a time will only guarantee defeat.

Or bumrush as Nader lmao