Gamemode Suggestion: Extraction

gg2ezgg2ez Posts: 2,565
Extraction is an evenly paced gamemode that takes place within enemy bases or headquarters. These maps are consistent of expansive hallways, crammed air ducts, small crawlspaces and small rooms.

A single game of Extraction consists of three phases.
  • Recon Phase
  • Objective Phase
  • Assassination Phase

The Recon Phase lasts for 1 minute. During this time, 2 randomly assigned mercs from each team will be selected as scouts. They will enter the enemy base and give information about enemy team to their own. Scouts can hide from enemies by lurking in aforementioned crawlspaces and air ducts. Anyone killed during the Recon Phase does not respawn until Recon Phase is over. During this time, the rest of the team can fortify their base and try to hunt down scouts. Scouts can assign targets to their teammates, if the teammate goes to kill the correct target in Objective Phase they get a 10% damage bonus against their assigned target. All scouts still within the enemy base at the end of Recon Phase can stay and help teammates get into the base by opening the base door from the inside (if all scouts have died the team will blow the door with C4).

During the Objective Phase, Teams have to plant "Extractor Kits" at enemy base computers. The amount of time an Extractor is left on a computer the more data it will gather. When you're satisfied with the amount of data you have, return to your base to deliver it. In the end the team with most data (measured in GB) at the end of 5 minutes gets a 50% damage buff to all weapons to use in the Assassination Phase.

During the Assassination Phase, both teams go head to head, no respawn, last team standing wins the round.

This gamemode if different to our current gamemodez because every team consists of attackers and defenders.

KEK is love, KEK is life.

Comments

  • SirSwagSirSwag Posts: 293
    I do like the idea of a base system. Just an even playing field with a destroy the enemy base concept sounds good. Nice work.
  • gg2ezgg2ez Posts: 2,565
    edited October 2015
    I do like the idea of a base system. Just an even playing field with a destroy the enemy base concept sounds good. Nice work.

    Thanks! Just a small idea.
    Post edited by gg2ez on

    KEK is love, KEK is life.
  • Samniss_ArandeenSamniss_Arandeen Posts: 623
    edited November 2015
    gg2ez wrote: »
    The Recon Phase lasts for 1 minute. During this time, 2 randomly assigned mercs from each team will be selected as scouts. They will enter the enemy base and give information about enemy team to their own. Scouts can hide from enemies by lurking in aforementioned crawlspaces and air ducts. Anyone killed during the Recon Phase does not respawn until Recon Phase is over. During this time, the rest of the team can fortify their base and try to hunt down scouts. Scouts can assign targets to their teammates, if the teammate goes to kill the correct target in Objective Phase they get a 10% damage bonus against their assigned target. All scouts still within the enemy base at the end of Recon Phase can stay and help teammates get into the base by opening the base door from the inside (if all scouts have died the team will blow the door with C4).

    During the Objective Phase, Teams have to plant "Extractor Kits" at enemy base computers. The amount of time an Extractor is left on a computer the more data it will gather. When you're satisfied with the amount of data you have, return to your base to deliver it. In the end the team with most data (measured in GB) at the end of 5 minutes gets a 50% damage buff to all weapons to use in the Assassination Phase. The longer the Extractor Kit remains on a base computer, the more data it gathers. Each Extraction Kit can only store 5 GB of data, each computer stores 10GB. However, an attacking team has the option to remove the Extractor Kit themselves before it completely fills if they wish. Each team has three computers in all, each starting with 5GB of data. A defending team can return the data to any base computer to stop an attacker, the attacking team must carry the data back to one of their own non-full base computers.

    During the Assassination Phase, both teams go head to head, no respawn, last team standing wins the round. The computers and Extraction Kits are still in play during this phase. The team with the most data at the end wins. The Assassination Phase is entered if one team gets all 30GB of data before the match ends, each member of this team is rewarded with a single respawn during the Assassination Phase.

    This gamemode if different to our current gamemodez because every team consists of attackers and defenders. It's also a base-defense CTF variant with a tug-of-war element, as an attacker may find themselves stealing back some of their data.
  • i Like it, the Scout might need a little re-thinking, cause for snipers, they can just place sensors everywhere, and the scout would be found faster then a Rhino in the open. Maybe for Scouts, Scouts, no matter what character will be invisible for the minute, but can't attack, they can scout around, gather information about attack advantages and then once the minute is up, they then will be seeable (Unless Phantom) and then they will also have their weapons. I really do like your idea.
  • MatteMGMatteMG Posts: 133
    Nice! :)
  • RedBeardRedBeard Posts: 259
    gg2ez wrote: »
    Extraction is an evenly paced gamemode that takes place within enemy bases or headquarters. These maps are consistent of expansive hallways, crammed air ducts, small crawlspaces and small rooms.

    A single game of Extraction consists of three phases.
    • Recon Phase
    • Objective Phase
    • Assassination Phase

    The Recon Phase lasts for 1 minute. During this time, 2 randomly assigned mercs from each team will be selected as scouts. They will enter the enemy base and give information about enemy team to their own. Scouts can hide from enemies by lurking in aforementioned crawlspaces and air ducts. Anyone killed during the Recon Phase does not respawn until Recon Phase is over. During this time, the rest of the team can fortify their base and try to hunt down scouts. Scouts can assign targets to their teammates, if the teammate goes to kill the correct target in Objective Phase they get a 10% damage bonus against their assigned target. All scouts still within the enemy base at the end of Recon Phase can stay and help teammates get into the base by opening the base door from the inside (if all scouts have died the team will blow the door with C4).

    During the Objective Phase, Teams have to plant "Extractor Kits" at enemy base computers. The amount of time an Extractor is left on a computer the more data it will gather. When you're satisfied with the amount of data you have, return to your base to deliver it. In the end the team with most data (measured in GB) at the end of 5 minutes gets a 50% damage buff to all weapons to use in the Assassination Phase.

    During the Assassination Phase, both teams go head to head, no respawn, last team standing wins the round.

    This gamemode if different to our current gamemodez because every team consists of attackers and defenders.

    Phantom is not that worthwhile.
  • gg2ezgg2ez Posts: 2,565
    RedBeard wrote: »
    gg2ez wrote: »
    Extraction is an evenly paced gamemode that takes place within enemy bases or headquarters. These maps are consistent of expansive hallways, crammed air ducts, small crawlspaces and small rooms.

    A single game of Extraction consists of three phases.
    • Recon Phase
    • Objective Phase
    • Assassination Phase

    The Recon Phase lasts for 1 minute. During this time, 2 randomly assigned mercs from each team will be selected as scouts. They will enter the enemy base and give information about enemy team to their own. Scouts can hide from enemies by lurking in aforementioned crawlspaces and air ducts. Anyone killed during the Recon Phase does not respawn until Recon Phase is over. During this time, the rest of the team can fortify their base and try to hunt down scouts. Scouts can assign targets to their teammates, if the teammate goes to kill the correct target in Objective Phase they get a 10% damage bonus against their assigned target. All scouts still within the enemy base at the end of Recon Phase can stay and help teammates get into the base by opening the base door from the inside (if all scouts have died the team will blow the door with C4).

    During the Objective Phase, Teams have to plant "Extractor Kits" at enemy base computers. The amount of time an Extractor is left on a computer the more data it will gather. When you're satisfied with the amount of data you have, return to your base to deliver it. In the end the team with most data (measured in GB) at the end of 5 minutes gets a 50% damage buff to all weapons to use in the Assassination Phase.

    During the Assassination Phase, both teams go head to head, no respawn, last team standing wins the round.

    This gamemode if different to our current gamemodez because every team consists of attackers and defenders.

    Phantom is not that worthwhile.

    Never said he was but ok?

    KEK is love, KEK is life.
Sign In or Register to comment.