How To Report A Player

MissMurderMissMurder Posts: 1,429
edited May 2016 in Game Guides
If you are no longer in a match with a hacker, then you can report a player directly to Nexon using this other handy guide!
http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/10662/how-to-report-a-hacker/p1

Report a Player function is still rather new to the game so please bear with us as we continue to improve on it! For now, this is how you report a player in-game:

You can press tab to click the offenders name OR wait till the end of the match (also remember you can use f5 to call for a vote-kick).

0hv9Vk9.png

Then select the reason you are reporting said person and you may add an optional note/details if you wish.

Utu58wG.png

Then it goes straight to us so we can review it!

77sQE4B.png

Thank you for helping us weed out the naughty players!
Post edited by Ardez1 on

Comments

• Xavien wrote: »
    Let's just hope noobs don't abuse it .-.

That's silly. I had almost an entire team report me for offensive name just because they were salty that I was top of the scoreboard as a level 40.

Literally, one of the guys on the enemy team asked his team "What's your problem with him?"
  • SineeSinee Posts: 688
    Xavien wrote: »

They will. Some will, anyway. False hackusations are pretty rampant from people who just can't believe someone might be better than them.

But, I'm sure SD won't ban anyone that doesn't deserve it.
  • Xavien wrote: »

Noobs will abuse it, there's no question about that. What I hope, is that SD's got their @$!# sorted out enough so they can tell the difference between rage reports and actual legit reports. Which I'm slightly skeptical about. We'll see.
  • FireWorksFireWorks Posts: 570
    edited September 2015
    I thought that this falls in the realm of Nexon and their anticheat tool and personal.
    But yeah, who works with the reports?
  • Mad because bad, he kills me because a hacker. Report, Report, Report.
  • spookifyspookify WisconsinPosts: 199
    Mad because bad, he kills me because a hacker. Report, Report, Report.

I got reported (again) today at lunch... I think of it as more of a complement now days.
  • bontsabontsa Posts: 1,607
    Extremely happy for this function, thanks SD & Nexon! I'm curious of the "details" part of the report which can be filled out, what is info that your report- handling team would want to have here? Surely things like time of issue, server, suspect's Steam ID and such are directly registered by the report function itself, so that leaves simply adding self-evident stuff like what hacks are you suspecting said player to have running? Or should we add something more to make sure these script kiddies won't carry out boosting their low self-esteem that was shattered by real-life, in virtual enviroments?
    Lusting after legends? Fancy for some fiction? Craving for chronicles?
  • Is providing video evidence of ingame footage of a hacker still useful with the new reporting function? If so, what is the best way to submit it for investigation?
  • Extremely happy for this function, thanks SD & Nexon! I'm curious of the "details" part of the report which can be filled out, what is info that your report- handling team would want to have here? Surely things like time of issue, server, suspect's Steam ID and such are directly registered by the report function itself, so that leaves simply adding self-evident stuff like what hacks are you suspecting said player to have running? Or should we add something more to make sure these script kiddies won't carry out boosting their low self-esteem that was shattered by real-life, in virtual enviroments?

I always give a brief explanation of why i report a player so devs knows what to look for.
    The last days i've encountered two aimbotters. So i write that im reporting him for using aimbot and why i know its aimbot.
    The same with the wallhacker i saw on my own team. I just followed him and took notice of what he did. Then i reported him with a brief explanation of what he did.
  • MissMurderMissMurder Posts: 1,429
    Is providing video evidence of ingame footage of a hacker still useful with the new reporting function? If so, what is the best way to submit it for investigation?
    It won't hurt :) Here is how to submit: http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/10662/how-to-report-a-hacker/p1

@coolFortress Like @Sussepus said, it's helpful to give as much detail as possible for what you suspect the player is doing.
  • bontsabontsa Posts: 1,607
    Fantastic, nothing that I've missed then. Thanks!
    Lusting after legends? Fancy for some fiction? Craving for chronicles?
  • I'm not sure if i got reported, but my keyboard glitched out and only my mouse worked so i couldnt move. And then i killed an enemy coming towards me and he accused me of hacking and apparently he reported me? What is this?...
  • malamala Posts: 2
    MissMurder
    1-how your report him while he is waiting at the lobby screen (where is the 1min countdown) before the game starts?
    2-lets say, he disconnect while he is playing. Is there a way to track ppl that played with you.
    3-If there is some kind of search engine, how you search for ppl with non-latin characters (like πυτσοπνιχτρα! or #$@a!ee7)
  • Ardez1Ardez1 Posts: 3,288
    edited May 2016
    Use this handy guide people!
    I am a volunteer moderator on these forums. My opinion is my own and does not represent the opinion of Splash Damage or Nexon.
  • Freezer_BossFreezer_Boss Posts: 356
    @Ardez thanks ! No more report s**tposts
  • mpod89mpod89 Posts: 72
    Just now i'm in a match and somebody made everybody move in slow motion, never saw that before Annoying AF
  • What's with the sudden rise in hackers again?
  • Pyjama_SlamPyjama_Slam Posts: 61
    edited June 2016
    Are there any consequences of being falsely reported often? I often get some heat from the enemy team, and I often flick shoot. I take it as a compliment for now, but that security error kick thing got me worried abit.
    Post edited by Pyjama_Slam on
    Slam_Life wrote: »
    Are there any consequences of being falsely reported often? I often get some heat from the enemy team, and I often flick shoot. I take it as a compliment for now, but that security error kick thing got me worried abit.

I'm not sure how much of the process can be revealed, but as I am aware, GMs have the tools to sort the false reports from credible ones. Even if there are a lot of false ones.

Any kicks with the security error can be ignored, although they are painful and annoying. The message will say your account is suspended if you are actually banned.
    I am a volunteer moderator on these forums. My opinion is my own and does not represent the opinion of Splash Damage or Nexon.
  • Reporting an hacker ?!
    What a joke!!!
    It's your job to deal vs hackers and to give us a good anti cheat system, do you realize what is needed to do to comprove some1 is hacking?
    Waste of time, waste of money, waste of resources, etc
    Just improve the game code, and the anti cheat system, and it will be the best things !
    REMEMBER WArrock ?! a VERY GOOD fps RUINED by hackers !
    Reporting an hacker ?!
    What a joke!!!
    It's your job to deal vs hackers and to give us a good anti cheat system, do you realize what is needed to do to comprove some1 is hacking?
    Waste of time, waste of money, waste of resources, etc
    Just improve the game code, and the anti cheat system, and it will be the best things !
    REMEMBER WArrock ?! a VERY GOOD fps RUINED by hackers !

If you had any inkling of how anti-cheat actually works you would understand the problem with your statement. There are several good articles out there about it. Reporting hackers helps Nexon detect what programs are being used to cheat. In that way they can blacklist specific programs in their anti-cheat to prevent other users from cheating. Without the initial reports it is much harder to automatically detect cheaters.

Privacy laws prevent anti-cheat systems from going into computers and just shutting people out of the game for cheating before it happens. Anti-cheat for ANY game will not be perfect because of these laws. The laws weren't meant to prevent anti-cheat, but they have that effect.
  • SnakekillerXSnakekillerX Posts: 846
    Damn, its getting pretty bad out there. Seeing a lot of people with blatant aim bots, and shooting weapons faster than they are even meant to be shot.

I wonder if they have someone on staff who actively seeks out hacking software off the internet. I imagine it would a lot easier to stop if they had access to the hack in question.

Alas, I will continue to send reports for anyone I catch cheating.

Keep up the good work fellas.
    Please follow the steps above to report the players using the in game reporting tool or through a ticket to Nexon Support.

None of the forum moderators have the access to ban these players in game.
  • HHQQHHQQ Posts: 1
    EVERY DAY ,I do 10 games, we can play, MAYBE, one normally. the game is unbalanced and no anti-cheat is working in my own and my friends opinion.people come out from the corner while you run to them and they fu**in head-shot you, from nowhere!!!they don't even aim.they also follow you as if they knew where you are!!! and if we report the cheater, what do you do to them?? cause I'm pretty sure people who received more than 5 reports not in just one game are still playing same way.Can you at least give us the opportunity to save a list of the ones we believe by ourselves they cheat?(updated at their current name of steam, cause they can change it) at least I avoid them by myself cause I don't think this system works right now.nothing improved NOTHING.I'm pretty sure we will soon leave again, as we already did in the past.It's a pity but when you play 90% of the game in stopwatch and you make everything perfect as a team and an obvious-cheater gets on the opposite team and makes them win with 30/1 kills... AAAAAAAA I give up.... a game left to himself like this doesn't deserve all my nerves.I tried different times to come back....I hope next time will improve for REAL not just the maps details
  • Poldy040Poldy040 Posts: 36
    Yesterday evening I have experienced two so obvious cheater in an objective match on underground! :o One of them has played Fragger with a K-121 and EVERY shoot from him hits! He has massacred our complete team... :'( I have never suffer such an obvious cheat before and I have played RtCW:ET and QW:ET for several years!

I have of course reported both player with the ingame tool but nevertheless please fix such leakages in the NGS anticheat tool asap! Such fools can ruin the whole game! :(
    Poldy wrote: »
    Yesterday evening I have experienced two so obvious cheater in an objective match on underground! :o One of them has played Fragger with a K-121 and EVERY shoot from him hits! He has massacred our complete team... :'( I have never suffer such an obvious cheat before and I have played RtCW:ET and QW:ET for several years!

I have of course reported both player with the ingame tool but nevertheless please fix such leakages in the NGS anticheat tool asap! Such fools can ruin the whole game! :(

NGS is always being updated as cheats are detected. :) Thank you for helping keep the game clean!
  • KudrowKudrow Posts: 68
    I suggest that they add also reporting reason "Bad language/Insulting". This is far more happening than you will see cheaters in server.