Regarding Windows 10

Comments

• BackuplightBackuplight Posts: 1,050
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    It's always happened, since forever. You must have been running in windowed borderless.
    I've never run Dirty Bomb in anything but full screen for performance reasons. Anyway! Unimportant. I'll just F12 for steam screenshots of my in-game mishaps instead.
    jzeD5lT.png
  • IamGryphIamGryph Posts: 3
    edited August 2015
    Just installed windows 10, launched Dirty Bomb after I tweaked a few settings. The main menu was very unresponsive and laggy so I uninstalled the game and re-installed it. After launching the second time I got the same problem (Laggy, Unresponsive menus and the game feeling like its running at sub 5 FPS). I'm not sure if this is a driver issue or something but ill have a dig around and try and find a solution :/

System specs
    Intel core i5 4690 CPU
    Nvidia GTX 970
    8gb of Kingston Hyperx Fury
    1 TB Seagate barracuda hard drive
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Posts: 2,471
    Try and press alt-enter while at the menu. This changes to windowed mode, is it better then? If it is are you using a G-Sync monitor? Either way, navigate the menu in windowed then once you load into a game press alt-enter again to go back to fullscreen.

This problem existed back in W7/W8 too btw.
    76561197996992409.png
  • Thanks for the tip, that seems to fix it completely. Kinda annoying having to do it but its better than having to deal with the menus.
  • SchipppieSchipppie Posts: 1
    edited August 2015
    I would also like to report a problem i have been experiencing. That each time i am in the deploy / lock-in pre game screen all the buttons respond very sluggish if at all. And the timer also only seems to update once every 30 or so seconds. The rest of the game works fine only that one part is really behaving weirdly.

Like suggested above by Ghosthree3 going into windowed mode its gone the problem.
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for the tip, that seems to fix it completely. Kinda annoying having to do it but its better than having to deal with the menus.
    The middle ground is to use borderless windowed mode, but note that G-Sync only works in full screen mode - if you have it - and of course, full screen does perform between slightly and a lot better depending on your system.

The devs have said they're aware of the issue and trying to fix it. Can't be trying that hard though, they posted that months ago.
    76561197996992409.png
  • My install went fine without a hitch. I could not resist and updated to windows 10. Game plays fine for me
  • KattiValkKattiValk Posts: 630
    edited August 2015
    I've now installed Windows 10 and the game has now locked at 1 fps. I have no idea what's happening anymore. Will try tweaking a bit though.

NVIDIA driver fixes everything.
  • RadicalMacRadicalMac Posts: 307
    Incoming wrote: »
    I've now installed Windows 10 and the game has now locked at 1 fps. I have no idea what's happening anymore. Will try tweaking a bit though.

NVIDIA driver fixes everything.

lol everyone with AMD is running it perfectly. :D ;)
  • I just got onto Windows 10 and now I have inconsistent framerates that are WAY below 60 FPS, like in the 30-40 range with dips into the 20s. The UI is also extremely laggy. The game is basically unplayable right now so if anyone could offer some advice on how I could fix this issue that would be appreciated. I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a G3258 with a 750ti and 8 gigs of ram.
    RadicalMac wrote: »
    lol everyone with AMD is running it perfectly. :D ;)
    And so are nVidia users. You just have to actually install drivers for them first like the guy found out.
    76561197996992409.png
  • RadicalMacRadicalMac Posts: 307
    edited August 2015
    RadicalMac wrote: »
    Thank you for this, I was going to install Windows 10 right away but because of this I'm going to wait a while. You just saved me a ton of headache!

lol there are going to be a LOT of games having problems with Windows 10, h e l l, games still have problems with Windows 8. The only reason I would ever get Windows 10 is if they make it more compatible towards PC games and actually allow access to XBL without actually having an Xbox One/360 actually on or in the building. (Though I am more of a PC gamer, I do have a lot of Xbox 360/Xbone games on my account that I don't play since I hardly ever touch consoles anymore, and I'd love it if I could play them on PC without having to buy a PC copy.)

Why are there even 3 disagrees on this. Like wtf? I also have 2 more disagrees on another comment in this thread. Why even? I have 5/8 disagrees from this one thread -.-
    I guess they disagreed with your posts.
    76561197996992409.png
  • My only issue with DB and Win10 is that on Borderless-windowed mode, I can click on my task bar and so I exit the game for few secs until I click on DB icon again...
    It seems that the cursor of my mouse is trapped into my main screen (I can't go on my second screen in that case) but I can reach the task bar while in game.

If anyone has a fix ! Thanks
  • krashekkrashek Posts: 11
    I now have more and more problems... Lagging, running slowly, freezing...
    And I have just been kicked with the new anticheat system and I have never used anything... So yeah...
  • merryModelmerryModel Posts: 1
    edited August 2015
    Just installed the latest Windows 10 updates today and now the game doesn't launch at all, even after reinstalling. :(

Update: I rebooted after the reinstallation and it works now. Damned if I know why. 0.0
  • H@tchetH@tchet Posts: 5
    edited August 2015
    My game was running perfectly fine on Win10/Radeon 290 until 2 days ago. Suddenly I started getting FPS drops (from 250+ to 11-60) and sound stutter after a few mins ingame (sometimes right from the start). Unplayable now.
  • Hello
  • Borderless windowed mode bug
  • I installed windows 10 a while ago, prior to installing dirty bomb, and have not yet noticed any difficulties.
  • piranha_3piranha_3 Posts: 197
    edited September 2015
    if I install windows 10 will be able to play dirty bomb?
    Yep.
    76561197996992409.png
  • Hello Dirty Bomb Team and DB-Players!

As i had issues with Windows 10 while starting the game I contacted your support team.
    (Black screen and an error message which tells me "Sign in could not be completed")

GM Radrodo gave me the following tips that leads to success:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Disable firewall/anti virus that may be affecting the communication with the game and our servers. If you are not comfortable disabling the previously mentioned programs please see step 2.

2. Add exceptions to your firewall/anti virus to allow Dirty Bomb to communicate through your firewall/anti virus.

3. If you are still having issues please update us with the name of your firewall/anti virus.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1. worked fine for me (i turned off both and game starts without probs), so asked him to "whitelist" Dirty Bomb in my Bitdefender Total Security 2015 Antivirus bla. So he told me to do this:

Open Bitdefender -> protection -> Firewall -> adapters -> and put my Adapter as Trusted!
    This should leave it so you may keep the AV running while playing.

Now everything is starting fine and i can play Dirty Bomb since weeks again on Windows 10 with no problems! Thanks for helping Radrodo, you guys make a good job!

Nephilim
  • > @Nephilim said:
    > Hello Dirty Bomb Team and DB-Players!
    >
    > As i had issues with Windows 10 while starting the game I contacted your support team.
    > (Black screen and an error message which tells me "Sign in could not be completed")
    >
    > GM Radrodo gave me the following tips that leads to success:
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > 1. Disable firewall/anti virus that may be affecting the communication with the game and our servers. If you are not comfortable disabling the previously mentioned programs please see step 2.
    >
    > 2. Add exceptions to your firewall/anti virus to allow Dirty Bomb to communicate through your firewall/anti virus.
    >
    > 3. If you are still having issues please update us with the name of your firewall/anti virus.
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    > Step 1. worked fine for me (i turned off both and game starts without probs), so asked him to "whitelist" Dirty Bomb in my Bitdefender Total Security 2015 Antivirus bla. So he told me to do this:
    >
    > Open Bitdefender -> protection -> Firewall -> adapters -> and put my Adapter as Trusted!
    > This should leave it so you may keep the AV running while playing.
    >
    >
    > Now everything is starting fine and i can play Dirty Bomb since weeks again on Windows 10 with no problems! Thanks for helping Radrodo, you guys make a good job!
    >
    > Nephilim
    >

for step 2 how would i allow dirty bomb to communicate through it?
  • i tried step 1 and 2 both didnt seem to work my anti virus is norton internet security
  • Ardez1Ardez1 Posts: 3,288
    edited September 2015
    i tried step 1 and 2 both didnt seem to work my anti virus is norton internet security

I would use that wonderful tool google. Try searching "How to add exceptions to Norton Internet Security"

And if step 1 failed then it is unlikely step 2 would succeed btw.

I would also ensure you tried to disable the windows firewall built into your PC during your test.
    Post edited by Ardez1 on
    I am a volunteer moderator on these forums. My opinion is my own and does not represent the opinion of Splash Damage or Nexon.
  • FalC_16FalC_16 Posts: 815
    H@tchet wrote: »
    My game was running perfectly fine on Win10/Radeon 290 until 2 days ago. Suddenly I started getting FPS drops (from 250+ to 11-60) and sound stutter after a few mins ingame (sometimes right from the start). Unplayable now.

Man I face similar issue. I own 290x and I have like FPS spikes every few minutes of playing. The spike lasts like a second, the image freezes and then I see I got moved ingame few metres away from the original position before the lag. I use win 7 and obviously it can be that the new AMD drivers might not be fully compatible with this version of windows. Hoping for the best with Win 10 though ! Any idea what should I do? I driver-swept the old drivers and installed new ones fresh.
  • hey guys just like to share my gaming experience on windows 10 with dirty bomb so far so good i only run regular windows defender which is good it updates daily along side with that i use malwarebytes free version is just fine trust me they pair great together i have only few other programs running on start up like my printer an realtek audio manager if you seem to have issues maybe you guys can run just them 2 programs for protection the new windows 10 seems to be pretty good on updates an i have zero issues now since the october fine tune before that i got the securty violation bug but that seems to be gone as well hope this helps ill post system specs below

EVGA Super Clocked FTW edition GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
    AMD A10-7850K Kaveri Quad-Core 3.7 overclocker to 4.4 GZ
    Western Digital 1TB 7200 RPM
    Kingston SSD V300 Series 2.5" 120GB SATA III
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) X2 =8 GB
    Thermaltake TR2 PSU 700 WATT

not exactly all top of the line but plays this game an all others just fine :) hope this helps
  • BobBob Posts: 2
    edited October 2015
    My game wont load unless i go into my task manager and kill 2 processes, both are Windows Host Process (rundll32) and (rundll32)(32bit)
  • thats odd i dont have that running in my task manager maybe its a program u have installed on ur pc cause its not part of windows 10 factory install from what i see also when u close them files cheack an see if any other programs shut down an there youll see which program is clashing with the game hope this helps