Double Credits Weekend Incoming!

MissMurderMissMurder Posts: 1,429
edited July 2015 in The Vault
4aod0Ux.png

Phantom's snuck his way into London and, like any true American, hiring his services is going to cost you. We here at Team Dirty Bomb felt it's only fair to give you a boost this weekend so that you have a fighting chance at claiming him. After all, you're also going to need his deadly Loadout Cards... so it's time for another Double Credits weekend!

Starting at 18:30 UTC on Friday, July 10th and ending at 17:00 UTC on Monday, July 13th, all matches in Dirty Bomb will reward an additional 100% Credits. Even better, this will stack with any Credit Boosters in effect, giving you a grand total of 4x the normal Credit reward!

Start Date: 17:00 UTC, Friday, July 10th
US Pacific: 10:00 AM PDT
London: 18:00 BST
Sydney: 3:00 AM AEST, July 11th

End Date: 17:00 UTC, Monday, July 13th
US Pacific: 10:00 AM PDT
London: 18:00 BST
Sydney: 3:00 AM AEST, July 14th

Event Details:
+100% Credits Earn Rate

Note:
The Credit boost only applies to Match Rewards. Bonus Credits from ranking up and from completing Daily Missions are unaffected.
Stacks with Credit Boosters, giving a total of 4x the normal Credit rewards.

--Team Dirty Bomb--

Comments

• _Sniff__Sniff_ Posts: 1,137
    edited July 2015
    Those coins must be heavy. How does Phantom even plan to get out of there?
  • stealthyBassstealthyBass Posts: 120
    _Sniff_ wrote: »
    Those coins must be heavy. How does Phantom even plan to get out of there?

No body can complain now. He's pinned and can't move even if he stealths.
    Maybe that's his plan. Go invisible hiding in a giant stack of money. Stab those who come close.
  • Zar.Zar. Posts: 399
    It's just a huge pile of paper money and couple coins on top of them....
  • I won a phantom giveaway today from the splash damage stream, yay!
  • HibbsanHibbsan Posts: 213
    Thank you very much for this event! can't wait.
  • LANsharkLANshark Posts: 161
    edited July 2015
    Maybe that's his plan. Go invisible hiding in a giant stack of money. Stab those who come close.
    im not playing then. Killed after the game is over? I'm out, he's gonna ruin my day and take my credits back. T.T
    Kenzi wrote: »
    It's just a huge pile of paper money and couple coins on top of them....

Do you know how heavy paper is?! 75 pounds per cubic foot. That guy is waste deep in paper and metal. He is not moving.
  • GoobyOfPlsGoobyOfPls Posts: 184
    Jokes on you, I've already bought Phantom! Now I can use this money buying cases ans stuff.
  • Watch everyone try getting creds as Phantom! Dang! I can't wait till next weak when Phantom is free and we all have to rage quit!
  • god1god1 Posts: 363
    As if there wasn't enough Phantoms on the servers already...
  • Amerika_KCAmerika_KC Posts: 4,848Moderator
    Sounds like the servers will be packed this weekend.

My views and comments are entirely my own. I am a volunteer mod and I help with forum tasks. My word carries the same weight as anybody else posting...no more, no less. Think of me more as a forum janitor who cleans when needed as opposed to a cop who wants to bust you :)
  • pnellesenpnellesen Posts: 55
    Amerika wrote: »
    Sounds like the servers will be packed this weekend.
    Wall to wall Phantoms all running into each other because they're invisible, lol.

• civilTrianglecivilTriangle Posts: 27
    edited July 2015
    --Team Dirty Bomb--[/quote]

Note:
    The Credit boost only applies to Match Rewards. Bonus Credits from ranking up and from completing Daily Missions are unaffected.
    Stacks with Credit Boosters, giving a total of 4x the normal Credit rewards.

--Team Dirty Bomb--[/quote]
    Since when did you get credits from leveling up? After level two all I get are equipment cases.
  • GoobyOfPlsGoobyOfPls Posts: 184
    Its a little bit too late to buy Phantom, @MissMurder 2413937-2169924-kappa.png

3fa66bdf871e0236a74486159d5ee90e.png

• Mr-PenguinMr-Penguin Posts: 2,250
    Noice. Still 2.5k to go until I get Phantom...
    0egQoN7.png
    Art courtesy of @Matuno
    IGN/Steam Profile Mr. Penguin
    Have an idea for a new merc? Then head on over to my Mercenary Suggestion Form and go post it!
  • KayDubzKayDubz Posts: 348
    edited July 2015
    Yay...now everyone can get Phantom. Objective based shooter? pffft. Its time for a Dynasty Warriors hack and slash throwback ;)

Looks like Ill be joining other gamers who abandon this game until this unbalanced merc is fixed or removed.
    Kay-Dubz wrote: »
    Yay...now everyone can get Phantom. Objective based shooter? pffft. Its time for a Dynasty Warriors hack and slash throwback ;)

Looks like Ill be joining other gamers who abandon this game until this unbalanced merc is fixed or removed.

You can fix him with bullets in this objective based shooter.
    edited July 2015

You can fix him with bullets in this objective based shooter.

Oh...you mean the all the bullets needed to take down his shield? By which time he's already cut me once?

Lets see....1hk Katana that can kill multiple people....Speed...good SMG....invisibility with a very short cooldown....shield that renders orbital strike and mines ineffective....and a shield that nerfs headshots. Sounds legit.

What is his weakness or drawback exactly? Every other merc has an obvious drawback, and can easily be countered. Phantom, not so much. There's a reason he didnt make it out of closed beta b4 and has numerous complaints and needed a bunch of retooling.
  • NailNail Wpg, CanadaPosts: 3,534
    your inability to adapt is no reason to nerf, Heartbeat Sensor renders his cloak/shield useless, shotguns smoke him, so do grenades, air strikes, and artillery, he's not that hard to see once you figure it out. melee is the same for all
    moop
    edited July 2015
    Nail wrote: »
    your inability to adapt is no reason to nerf, Heartbeat Sensor renders his cloak/shield useless, shotguns smoke him, so do grenades, air strikes, and artillery, he's not that hard to see once you figure it out. melee is the same for all
    Clearly you havent seen the reddit sticky where the devs admit they made mistakes with this update.

So no, its nothing to do with my "inability". Heartbeat sensors have limited radius...and once Phantom uses his speed to blaze past a sensor, he can easily reach my team and kill someone because of his armor and health, which combined is 195 HP.

So spare me the bologna.

If I was incorrect, there wouldnt be such a huge portion of the community in uproar....and the devs wouldnt have to be addressing the entire community just one day after the update. Ive never seen that with merc updates in the past.
  • AeidoAeido Posts: 4
    edited July 2015

Shotguns smoke EVERYONE, so do grenades, air strikes, and artillery. He may not be hard to see for some players, but that does not render him balanced. He is definitely strong in this patch, but it remains to be determined if he will remain so once other mercs are released and/or other characters receive a buff. I guess my point is that we just need to give it time.
  • Normally I'd play non stop on a double credits weekend. Maybe get Fletcher with the credits I get from it. Unfortunately Phantom means that I won't be playing much, unless he's toned down. He adds nothing to the game except frustration.
  • Wolffe7Wolffe7 Posts: 86
    MissMurder wrote: »
    4aod0Ux.png

Phantom's snuck his way into London and, like any true American, hiring his services is going to cost you.

Maaaaan. If that Phantom was a Brit. He would sing LoadsAMoney xD
  • EoxEox FrancePosts: 3,204Moderator
    edited July 2015
    With all that ruckus in game, that double credits week end will be hard to enjoy.

It's still a nice thing though.
  • scorchingPaintingscorchingPainting Posts: 25
    edited July 2015
    Clearly you havent seen the reddit sticky where the devs admit they made mistakes with this update.

You mean the one where they said "We realise all of you are a bit upset about Phantom, but we want to let it cool down and not knee-jerk update it until people adapt"? Also pointing out that there was similar community backlash about Rhino and we all know that Rhino is nowhere even close to OP. Same with Marty, its probably the worst ability in the game, but slandered as the most OP. Give it some time.

Personally, I feel he needs a few tweaks, but the whole "Im quitting until he is "fixed" or removed." is just a plain stupid movement. He isnt broken, so he doesnt need "fixing". He can be dealt with, sometimes quite easily, others not. What would be the point of a merc that runs around at 90% invis (In practice, quite easily spottable), with no shield, no primary weapon and a Katana that does say 70% of its current damage. He would be an absolute dogshit piece of game design. He would be @$!# dreadful. He wouldnt even be good in the hands of skilled players, he'd just be a handicap. It'd be retarded.

TLDR; SD don't want to insta-nerf Phantom so people can adapt, Phantom would be dogshit with peoples suggested nerfs.
  • InkorpInkorp Posts: 1
    Cr? not XP? I guess you're about to find out how bad the hacking problem in Competitive REALLY is hahaha
  • DiositoDiosito Posts: 315
    edited July 2015
    I have 140 K credits and all the loadouts I want, all we need is Aimee :p

Abbadon
    Abaddon