The DB Genome Project - Everything there is to know about loadouts

Comments

• DjiesseDjiesse mtl.qc.caPosts: 806Genome Editor
    Micro update: I just added a sheet showing the exclusive Obsidian cards available only to the Splash Damage and Nexon employee with skins in their respective corporate colors. Sadly I only have access to the loadout cards, so no skin previews...
  • DawnlazyDawnlazy Posts: 1,157
    The Genome project has come to have an impressive amount of depth, I'd give you 10 likes if I could :o
    I appreciate the thought @Dawnrazor ;)
  • Thank you for all the work you've put into this. I visit this page every time I need to look at loadout cards for new mercs I buy.
    edited July 2016
    *** Update (see first post) ***

Although there hasn't been any new loadouts released since the end of the Rogue en Vogue event, there have been a number of small cosmetic updates to some of the existing cards as well as augments tweaking. I also found a simple way of updating skin previews with Second Edition cards, so I decided to bite the bullet on that one too. And of course crafting and recycling info, as well as new drop odds are now reflected on the main Layout Map sheet.

Version 9.1 release notes:
    • Updated Proxy Obsidian Culprit cards with new versions (corrected name font)
    • Updated all Aimee cards with new versions (tweaked skin tone and corrected model issues)
    • Replaced cards on 2nd edition skin previews (all mercs except Proxy which I probably won't update until she gets her eye back) and some updated 1st edition ones (Kira and Rhino Gold and Cobalt, Phantom Default and Lead)
    • Updated some augments to reflect latest descriptions
    • Updated Layout Map with new non-event drop odds, crafting costs and recycling values

First post has been updated with this version.
  • JJMAJRJJMAJR Posts: 1,050
    @Djiesse can you put all this stuff in spoiler tags so that people can open whatever they want to see? It takes a lot of time to load all of that stuff.
    JJMAJR wrote: »
    @Djiesse can you put all this stuff in spoiler tags so that people can open whatever they want to see? It takes a lot of time to load all of that stuff.

Sure, why not...

It's been nearly 8 months since my last update, 8 months since we've had any new skins or other loadouts changes. But here it is...

Version 10.0 release notes:
    • Added Ranked Eagle special edition loadouts and skin previews for all mercs

edited June 16

I don't have easy access to the newly-released Ranked Season 3 skins, so I'm looking for generous donators to help me collect all of them. Currently I only have Vassili and Sawbonez, so I'm looking for all the others. If you would like to help, all you have to do is capture a screenshot of the main menu preview you get when selecting that loadout card in your inventory.

• Screenshots can be taken by simply using the built-in Steam function normally bound to the F12 key. Your screenshot library should open automatically when you close the game or can be accessed through your Steam menu.
    • Skins screenshots should be of the "Enemy" variant, taken with the video preset setting "High" using the 4:3 aspect ratio and a resolution of 1152 x 864.
    • The actual loadout is not important.

NOTE ON IMAGE FORMAT REQUIREMENTS: I need the 4:3 aspect ratio because the overlays (loadout card, enemy/friendly switch and favorite button) do not encroach as much on the models as they do in the 16:9 layout. As for the resolution, the Unlock and Load update changed the layout and until proven otherwise, 1152 x 864 is the most useful resolution (i.e. the one that provides the largest usable model area). However, I have only been able to test resolutions up to 1280 x 960 (which is worse than 1152 x 864), so it is possible that very high 4:3 resolutions can be useful as well, but I won't be able to confirm until I get my hands on one...

SUBMISSION WARNING: Failure to respect the settings, aspect ratio and resolution demanded will likely result in your submission being unusable, so please take a moment to set them up properly.

• alphabetaalphabeta Posts: 5

When will you add Ranked Season 3 cards?

When will you add Ranked Season 3 skins?

Sorry for repeated post on an already answered question; I didn't realize thread was defaulting to first page instead of end.

@alphabeta said:
    When will you add Ranked Season 3 skins?

I'm almost ready but I'm still missing screenshots for Aimee, Fletcher, Kira and Nader :(

If anyone out there has one of those, please read the 1st post for guidelines and send me a screenshot!

@Djiesse said:
    I'm almost ready but I'm still missing screenshots for Aimee, Fletcher, Kira and Nader :(

If anyone out there has one of those, please read the 1st post for guidelines and send me a screenshot!

Do you need screenshots of the 2 new Obsidian Aura's?

@alphabeta said:
    Do you need screenshots of the 2 new Obsidian Aura's?

No, there is a preview available for those in the store, so I was able to take my own pics. Same for the Obsidian Operatives.

edited July 12

Ranked Season 3 is finally here and with it... What? Another event with a bunch of new skins already?!? Oh well, that's going to be for another update...

Version 11.0 release notes:

• Added Shatter (Ranked Season 3) special edition loadouts and skin previews for all mercs
    • Added new Obsidian loadouts and skin previews for Aura, Arty, Fletcher and Stoker

• @Djiesse I can provide you with a Shellshock fragger K92 skin preview if you need it.

• tastlestastles Posts: 3

Just wanted to say that I love stuff like this and I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to put it all together! If you need Redeye's G41 shellshock loadout, let me know and I'll give a screenshot.

@Bestfinlandball @tastles thanks for the offers but I'm already covered for Fragger and Redeye.

For anyone else interested in helping, I'm still looking for screenshots of the Shell Shock skin previews for Bushwhacker, Sawbonez and Skyhammer (please see the first post for more info on the screenshot requirements).

edited July 17

Nearly fifteen months after the last merc release, Turtle has finally come out of his shell (pun intended), forcing a second major update of the Genome in less than a week. And in addition to a new merc and new event skins, SD has also managed to sneak in some goodies of their own in the form of 2nd edition exclusive loadouts:

Version 12.0 release notes:

• Added all standard rarity loadouts and skin previews for Turtle
    • Added Shell Shock event loadouts and skin previews for all mercs
    • Added Turtleneck Obisidian for Turtle
    • Added 2nd edition Splash Damage exclusive Obsidian loadouts
    • Added Extender to augments list

• rosully123rosully123 Posts: 4

Hey Djiesse can you please explain what the splash damage cards are? I'm guessing they're for splash damage employees but just want to check. Thanks so much for the work you've done on this!

edited August 9

@rosully123 said:
    Hey Djiesse can you please explain what the splash damage cards are? I'm guessing they're for splash damage employees but just want to check. Thanks so much for the work you've done on this!

As it says just above the pictures:

Exclusive Loadouts:
    These are the loadouts which are only available to Splash Damage or Nexon employees. They are listed separately since they were never available to normal players.

;)

• @Djiesse Oh sorry about that but thanks!

edited August 17

SD has been on a roll lately with nearly back to back events and new skin releases, so here's another one, this time bringing us new looks for Phantom and Proxy, along with the revival of a classic event skin:

Version 13.0 release notes:

• Added Final Assault event loadouts and skin previews for all mercs
    • Added Obsidian Operative loadouts and skin preview for Phantom
    • Added Cyber Eye Special Edition loadouts and skin preview for Proxy

• gerbdgerbd Posts: 2

i think i can finaly contribute to this project by shareing screenshots of the new javelin loadout
    no rarity so you wont have to take it
    special edition

good luck with all the new mercs comming soon

@gerbd thanks for the effort, however I already have pics of all the new Javelin skins.

Now if I could find a bit of time to actually put the update together... :/

• rosully123rosully123 Posts: 4
    edited August 28

@stayfreshshoe @Djiesse

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Dirty%20Bomb/ShooterGame/Content/WebAssets/images/loadout-cards/A_Soldier_01_LoadoutCardDiamond_s.webp

interesting find

there is a template of these for every merc in the loadout image files

any devs want to let us know if this idea was ditched or still possible???

@rosully123 said:
    @stayfreshshoe @Djiesse

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Dirty%20Bomb/ShooterGame/Content/WebAssets/images/loadout-cards/A_Soldier_01_LoadoutCardDiamond_s.webp

interesting find

there is a template of these for every merc in the loadout image files

any devs want to let us know if this idea was ditched or still possible???

These Diamond cards have been around for a long time, the word we got back then was that it was the original concept for the top-rarity skins which was eventually replaced by Cobalt.

edited August 29

And here's another update, with the newest DB merc joining the Genome lineup:

Version 14.0 release notes:

• Added all standard rarity and Ghost Pack Special Edition loadouts and skin previews for Javelin
    • Added SHAR-C and tactical combat axe to weapons list
    • Added Ammo Reach and Recharge to augments list

Smallish update to introduce the Ghostclip event skins and the new Phoenix Obsidian. With the recent influx of Obsidians and Special Edition loadouts, 4 other old-timers have joined Proxy in the "I need another page to put all this stuff" club, and 4 more are about to do the same.

Version 15.0 release notes:

• Added Ghostclip Special Edition loadouts and skin previews for all mercs
    • Added Obsidian Operative loadouts and skin preview for Phoenix