What is the Genome Project?
The Dirty Bomb Genome Project started as an effort to visually document the available loadout cards for all the DB mercs, but has since expanded to include a compilation of all the in-game info about loadouts, weapons and augments, and later previews of the various skins available for all the mercs were added. With the Nuclear Winter update, weapons skins, weapon cases and trinkets were also added.
This compilation would not have been possible without the help of many contributors. My thanks go to all those who sent me pictures of their loadouts and put up with my nagging requests to correct their settings to accommodate my requirements.
How can I contribute?
Pictures below are much bigger than they appear so don't hesitate to click on them for a larger, more readable version!
This section contains information about how the Genome's sheets are organized
Every time there is a Dirty Bomb update that introduces new loadout skins, I'll be scouring the forums looking for people bragging about their shinny new loadouts and posting pictures of them. If you do get your hands on new skins and would like to help document them in the Genome, all you have to do is capture a screenshot of the main menu preview you get when selecting that loadout card in your inventory.
NOTE ON IMAGE FORMAT REQUIREMENTS: The new skin preview introduced with the Nuclear Winter update has much less intrusive overlays, so I should be able to accept pretty much anything with a decent resolution. However, my workflow is optimized for 1600 x 900, so this is the resolution that requires the less amount of post-processing for me.
SUBMISSION WARNING: Failure to respect the settings and resolution demanded will likely result in your submission being unusable, so please take a moment to set them up properly.
- Screenshots can be taken by simply using the built-in Steam function normally bound to the F12 key. Your screenshot library should open automatically when you close the game or can be accessed through your Steam menu.
- Skins screenshots should be of the "Enemy" variant, taken with the video preset setting "High" using the 16:9 aspect ratio and a resolution of 1600 x 900 or better:
- If you are getting a distorted image because your monitor doesn't properly support this resolution, try turning the "Windowed" mode ON.
- The actual loadout is not important.
- For taller models, part of the head can sometimes appear behind the information text. Please take a moment to rotate the model or time the capture to avoid any such interference as there is no way for me to correct that.
- Loadout Sheets Layout Maps:
A summary of what's what on the Genome's merc loadouts sheets, plus some additional info on the various loadout rarity levels.
- Standard Rarities:
- Obsidian and Special Edition:
- Weapon Skins and Cases Sheets Layout Maps:
An overview of how the Genome's weapon skins and cases sheets are organized.
- Weapon Skins:
- Weapon Cases:
These are the loadouts which are only available to Splash Damage or Nexon employees. They are listed separately since they were never available to normal players. No skin previews for those, sorry...
Weapon Skins Sheets:
Weapon Cases Sheets:
- Assault Rifles:
- Sniper Rifles:
- Submachine Guns:
- Machine Guns:
- Machine Pistols:
- Melee Weapons:
- Ranked Seasons' Rankings:
- Events and Others:
Version 21.0 release notes:
- Added Beta Veteran melee weapon skins
- Updated the Graffiti Bite trinket with the new "salty" version
- Updated all weapon skin cards with the latest versions