Why does so few people play SW?

There are atleast 3 times the OBJ matches running at any time and I don't understand why.

Don't people understand what SW is and they just see Objective and think COD/CS?

Comments

• SzakalotSzakalot Posts: 3,187
    another reason is that XP doesn't count for missions for the first round of SW
    First!

48px-First_Blood.png?version=ee44701eadae9f5eb7db0d17c0edc6c9
  • watsyurdealwatsyurdeal Posts: 4,741
    Because don't know how to get on the point, JUST DO IT!
    So hey, I have a small guide here you may like, go ahead, read it, you know you want to.

ダーティーボムは非常に良いですが、あなたは非常に悪いです
  • Boto 1avaBoto 1ava Posts: 29
    Obj is more convenient for a lot of players since it does take less time to complete and it isn't really as intense as SW. I prefer Obj over SW because if I want to play a stopwatch game I'll just play comp lol.
  • AdvancedAdvanced Posts: 33
    Szakalot wrote: »

This is it for me personally.
  • Yahiko94 wrote: »
    I guess it's the matchmaking. People just dont want to be forced to play with a bad team. So unlucky players in a bad team have to lose two rounds to get money/xp.

Another thing I noticed is that you get less money/xp with SW than with 2 Objectives. I could be completely wrong with that.

I definitely agree with you on the fact that 2 objective matches give you more XP than a stopwatch watch. One of the reasons that I don't play stopwatch. Another reason being that I don't want to get stuck with a bad team for twice the time, and get like no XP even though I played for like 30 minutes.
  • misspomisspo Posts: 476
    What i don't like with OBJ => WAITING TIME! It's already huge on SW but with the faster-end of OBJ you don't have the time to really play... You spend the majority of your time waiting that the game start, end, menu and restart.
  • WhoisthisWhoisthis Posts: 66
    What i don't like with OBJ => WAITING TIME! It's already huge on SW but with the faster-end of OBJ you don't have the time to really play... You spend the majority of your time waiting that the game start, end, menu and restart.

Do you mean the time between matches? It can't be that much longer, can it? Has anyone timed it?
    I dislike SW because it takes twice as long and because I end up on losing teams all the time, probably because I'm willing to join matches in progress. Unfortunately an even game of SW is like a unicorn if it exists, there isn't credible evidence it has existed. Plus you just don't get the rewards from OBJ. Think of it this way, there is roughly a 1/3 chance to get a case after OBJ, it isn't 2/3 after SW, but SW normally takes double the time. It's not a good investment. I kept trying to find out why people would play SW and thought I was missing something, I think they only do it to complete missions, that's the only reason I do. If I get a mission to win 2 SW matches, I just delete it and hope something better comes up in 3 hours.
  • because there is no team balance
  • MaypleMayple Posts: 16
    I like rotating maps quite often during my playtime so I generally enjoy playing objective.

The other thing I've noticed which is purely just anecdotal, is that the games result in more stomps. It probably has to do with one team gaining an advantage and the other team has players leaving. If I knew that my team was much worse than the other team by the first half, chances are I'm going to leave before the second half as its not fun.

With objective you may get a stomp but its just once and the game shuffles the teams again when you return to the lobby.
  • avidCowavidCow Posts: 740
    SW mode starts games that are 3 vs 6, and so on. It should try to auto-balance or else it's all just a huge waste of time.
    Tonight I had a mission to complete 3 stopwatch matches. The last match was a perfect example of what is wrong with Stopwatch. We were the first attackers and we were obviously outmatched. With 6 minutes left there were only 3 of us and the other 8 players basically spawncamped us continuously for the last 6 minutes. I assume the other 2 players also had the same mission I did (forgot to ask). At one point I just suicided continuously to deny them kills. At the start of the next half they spawncamped us again until apparently one of them had a shred of decency and finished the objective over the howls of his fellow teammates. It was a spectrum of everything wrong with the US servers all in one game.
  • BalltoBallto Posts: 421
    i think its too long.

i get that its just two rounds of execution, but if your team is losing and has no way of winning its 15(ish) minutes of getting your @$!# rolled by a major defense then 10 for a good push

even if your teams are more or less balanced, i dont want to play two of the same map in a row. i could play 8 games of objectives and have more fun than 4 of stopwatch because maps change and i can safely disconnect if its a bad team without losing my experience

the map issue is also why i hate execution, at about the 4th round im bored of the map and there are only two options after the fact to finish my trihourlies
  • nokiIInokiII Posts: 534

Yes it does. You can even leave after the first half of a stopwatch match and get your xp for the missions as the second half counts as a completely new match.
    nerf snippers.
  • DawnlazyDawnlazy Posts: 1,157
    hypnotoad wrote: »

Yes it does. You can even leave after the first half of a stopwatch match and get your xp for the missions as the second half counts as a completely new match.

That's an old, old post you're quoting, at that time this bug really did exist, and it also occurred in execution every time it went into weekend preview events, where you'd only get the exp for the last round.
  • ProfPlumpProfPlump Posts: 709
    There are atleast 3 times the OBJ matches running at any time and I don't understand why.

Don't people understand what SW is and they just see Objective and think COD/CS?

Objective is much more entertaining for pubs, while Stopwatch is much more balanced and fair.
  • bgyoshibgyoshi Posts: 845
    I don't like a forced timer. Spending 15 minutes getting rolled over, twice, isn't fun. Similarly, sitting there steamrolling an opponent twice is really not fun. Plus, if a map is not fun to play, being stuck on it for 2 15 minute rounds is real bad.

Objective is hands down better if for no reason beyond the fact that if you're getting steamrolled, you only have to suffer through 7 minutes or so since you can't complete the first objective, instead of 15 minutes. Then you're done, and teams reshuffle.
  • MarsRoverMarsRover Posts: 2,043
    Objective is better balanced. People tend to leave during a game more often in Stopwatch.
    Recognize my avatar? Click here for some great news! - Mars is the only known planet inhabited solely by robots.
    K72sOh1.jpg
  • RedBeardRedBeard Posts: 259
    Whoisthis wrote: »
    I dislike SW because it takes twice as long and because I end up on losing teams all the time, probably because I'm willing to join matches in progress. Unfortunately an even game of SW is like a unicorn if it exists, there isn't credible evidence it has existed. Plus you just don't get the rewards from OBJ. Think of it this way, there is roughly a 1/3 chance to get a case after OBJ, it isn't 2/3 after SW, but SW normally takes double the time. It's not a good investment. I kept trying to find out why people would play SW and thought I was missing something, I think they only do it to complete missions, that's the only reason I do. If I get a mission to win 2 SW matches, I just delete it and hope something better comes up in 3 hours.

Clearly you have never been to North Korea! You will find the fossil you seek.
  • KUST__LunarTMKUST__LunarTM Posts: 505
    More cases per minute in Obj
  • SaulWolfdenSaulWolfden Posts: 795
    The team balance being horrific is more apparent in Stopwatch. It is not fun to be steamrolled or to steamroll another team twice.
  • teflonloveteflonlove Posts: 398
    Spending 15 minutes getting rolled over, twice, isn't fun.

To be fair, it's never twice 15 minutes but 15 minutes of failing as attackers and 2 minutes being steamroaled as defenders. But it's an awful experience nevertheless.
    Objective is hands down better if for no reason beyond the fact that if you're getting steamrolled, you only have to suffer through 7 minutes or so since you can't complete the first objective, instead of 15 minutes. Then you're done, and teams reshuffle.

True that.

Let's hope for the coming match making improvements.

BTW on min 10 servers Stopwatch usually is a lot of fun because the skill gap between players is lower and there are no 3/27 Vasilis or non ammo dropping Skyhammers. But I suppose many players never get there because of their awful experience at the non level restriced servers.

• bgyoshibgyoshi Posts: 845
    teflonlove wrote: »
    BTW on min 10 servers Stopwatch usually is a lot of fun because the skill gap between players is lower and there are no 3/27 Vasilis or non ammo dropping Skyhammers. But I suppose many players never get there because of their awful experience at the non level restriced servers.

I honestly didn't notice much difference between Min 10 SW and regular, aside from the lack of bad snipers. Steamrolls were just as frequent, they were just with a different team composition.
  • LifeupOmegaLifeupOmega Posts: 1,996
    I get so very, very tired of jimmy no-aim the 3/28 vas player shuffling in the second half and all my hard work going to waste.
    Reminder that it's always okay to vote kick a sniper, no matter how well they're doing.
  • SzakalotSzakalot Posts: 3,187
    I get so very, very tired of jimmy no-aim the 3/28 vas player shuffling in the second half and all my hard work going to waste.

frankly shuffling any time after 5min of first half is silly too. one team gets 15min, the other gets 10
    First!

48px-First_Blood.png?version=ee44701eadae9f5eb7db0d17c0edc6c9
  • I've always preferred stopwatch because of the longer matches. Switching a map after 5-10 minutes gets annoying after a bit and besides. I also fancy playing on both sides. If they would improve the teambalance there might be more players playing stopwatch rather than objective.