Programs That Will Get you Flagged/Banned

MissMurderMissMurder Posts: 1,429
edited August 2015 in Technical Support
Hello All,
This post is to let you know some of the more common things that are seen and flagged. Please make sure you do not have these when playing Dirty Bomb.
  1. Cheat Engine
  2. “Injector” type programs
  3. Sandboxie
  4. Most Macro Programs and Autoclickers

Thank you and happy fragging!

Post edited by MissMurder on
«134567

Comments

  • ChirsChirs Posts: 43
    Thanks for the list. Can I check if it'll pick up the Profile Editor for my R.A.T. 7, please? I have a few keys programmed so that I can use some of the extra buttons and scroller on the mouse that are macro'ed to keys.
  • MissMurderMissMurder Posts: 1,429
    Hey @Calico! Have you had any issues before with the anticheat and this?
  • _Sniff__Sniff_ Posts: 1,137
    My logitech keyboard has macro keys. I like to set them to various taunts. Is that banned as well or just something better off not doing?
  • DaltcoreDaltcore Posts: 34
    _Sniff_ wrote: »
    My logitech keyboard has macro keys. I like to set them to various taunts. Is that banned as well or just something better off not doing?
    I highly doubt it mate, I think when "macro programs" are mentioned this is more or less referring to programs like AHK.
  • GaspolineGaspoline Posts: 46
    what about anti virus programs?
  • ChirsChirs Posts: 43
    MissMurder wrote: »
    Hey @Calico! Have you had any issues before with the anticheat and this?

    Not sure, I did get kicked out of the game back to desktop (I can't remember when, sorry... over a week ago, I think) and had a warning about a third-party app being detected/conflicting with the game, but I can't recall whether it was after I installed the profile editor or not, though.

    I have some old nerve and tendon damage so it's useful to load up my mouse for some keys.

  • _Sniff__Sniff_ Posts: 1,137
    Daltcore wrote: »
    I highly doubt it mate, I think when "macro programs" are mentioned this is more or less referring to programs like AHK.
    I would rather ask a stupid question than suffer the consequences of it getting me banned!
  • MissMurderMissMurder Posts: 1,429
    Thanks @_Sniff_ Definitely better to be safe. I do think it's safest to not use macros period but mapping things to different keys is different.
  • NailNail Wpg, CanadaPosts: 3,373
    good chance macros will be flagged as cheats
    moop
  • PekingentePekingente Posts: 10
    edited May 2015
    So, macros from your mouse or keyboards software with specific arrays might lead to a ban. Got that right so for?
  • NailNail Wpg, CanadaPosts: 3,373
    yes
    moop
  • Why is sandboxi bannable? o_o. It's like my goto "make sure what i just downloaded is safe" option.
  • DaltcoreDaltcore Posts: 34
    Why is sandboxi bannable? o_o. It's like my goto "make sure what i just downloaded is safe" option.
    My guess is so you can't run multiple games at one time?
  • tanJugtanJug Posts: 2
    first time on these forums, bought the game thismorning. Wish I knew this was a thing on the steam forums/announcements. I had cheatengine on my pc for my single player games. I removed it, hopefully it wont be an issue. Been playing all morning with it installed on my pc.
  • tanJugtanJug Posts: 2
    hopefully this won't be a problem, this should be on the steam forums/announcements a bit more clearer.. First time on these forums, been playing the game all morning with cheat engine installed on my pc which i use for single player stuff.
  • my autoclicker starts when I start up my pc, I keep having to restart game and quit the autoclicker lol, thank got it just quits the game with an error instead of banning me
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Posts: 2,471
    edited June 2015
    Will AHK get picked up even if it never interacts with the game? I have two scripts running that assist me in my day to day PC usage that have absolutely nothing to do with games.

    Do you sniff for the autohotkey process in particular or just look for bizarre key input that looks like an autoclicker?

    EDIT: Same for Sandboxxie, I have it installed and it tends to stay running because it starts on startup. But I never use it to launch the game.
    76561197996992409.png
  • NailNail Wpg, CanadaPosts: 3,373
    anything that could even remotely alter gameplay is likely to be flagged if it isn't already
    moop
  • JostabeereJostabeere Posts: 4,233
    I hope mouse/keyboard user macro user will get punished. They shouldn't have an advantage just because of a fancy mouse/keyboards.
    I don't know how many years have passed. I still despise the Minemonkey and it'll never change!
    MOFO update wasn't such a disappointment
    CMM is the absolute worst thing SD could've made. It doesn't work at all and makes finding OBJ games so much harder. I would really like to know who at SD had that bright idea.

  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Posts: 2,471
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Will AHK get picked up even if it never interacts with the game? I have two scripts running that assist me in my day to day PC usage that have absolutely nothing to do with games.

    Do you sniff for the autohotkey process in particular or just look for bizarre key input that looks like an autoclicker?

    EDIT: Same for Sandboxxie, I have it installed and it tends to stay running because it starts on startup. But I never use it to launch the game.

    Would really like some clarification from @MissMurder on this, I don't want to be flagged because my pc is my pc.
    76561197996992409.png
  • goodFieldgoodField Posts: 154
    CheatEngine will not get you flagged unless its running, I've got it on my PC as well for my Singleplayer games ;)
  • Shouldn't you inform users of this stuff before they launch the game? Or at least not ban for the first offense? Having to wait two days to play again because your el cheapo anticheat thinks that sandboxie is a hack tool is a terrible policy. Add that to your policy of only doing suspension appeal live chats two days a week and you're going to alienate a large proportion of your userbase.
  • have i been flagged because i cannot sign in and if soo unban me i haven't even played dirtybomb yet and if i am not banned because of that pls fix or tell me how to sign in properly or something because this is not fair if u are just banning people for no reason i have not played soo how can u ban someone
  • Ardez1Ardez1 Posts: 3,288
    glibBowler wrote: »
    have i been flagged because i cannot sign in and if soo unban me i haven't even played dirtybomb yet and if i am not banned because of that pls fix or tell me how to sign in properly or something because this is not fair if u are just banning people for no reason i have not played soo how can u ban someone

    Please open a ticket with support to determine why you are unable to sign in. They will be able to help you much more then these forums.

    There is a link in my signature that you can use.
    I am a volunteer moderator on these forums. My opinion is my own and does not represent the opinion of Splash Damage or Nexon.
  • DirmagnosDirmagnos Posts: 449
    Programs liek Sandoxie should never be allower to run at same time as DB, since its can be used to hide injectors and similar crap.
    Same goes for macroses, including ones coming with keyboard/mouse.
    Neither is required to play a game but can be used to essentially cheat your way thru. And pretty much every online game disallows those thing.
Sign In or Register to comment.