Changes to Anti-Hack Policies – Zero Tolerance

Comments

• frunctionfrunction Posts: 10
    edited July 2015
    Assuming most of these rage hackers are using a proxy and it's a F2P game, is there any reason to continue playing? I don't see how it can be stopped. Hackers all the time.
  • JojackJojack Posts: 298
    There are very few in NA servers, not blatant ones anyway. There are hackusations all over the place, but pretty much entirely baseless.
  • I've yet to see a hacker in a EU pub game, but I might just be lucky.
  • ConqelsonConqelson Posts: 118
    110 hours so far and I've only seen/suspected one hacker, I wouldn't call it rampant, not yet anyway.
  • avidCowavidCow Posts: 740
    the last report I made was quite thorough and it ended up being closed due to "inactivity ". what does that even mean? gg nexon
  • frznfrzn Posts: 85
    edited July 2015
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    In the past 5 days I've seen 3 who blatantly hacked with a url in their name for buying the hack. And at least 4 others who were either trying to be subtle and failing or not hiding it at all but not advertising either.
    Yeah, I've seen several of those over the last few days as well (NA servers).
    Post edited by frzn on
  • AnimeDudeAnimeDude Posts: 271
    Quick join is your friend.
  • novelJokenovelJoke Posts: 42
    For those stating they aren't seeing many, just because someone doesn't do well doesn't mean they aren't hacking. A ton of hackers try to hide it and because of that do horrible (makes no sense I know), but based on the most hacker boards we are looking at 10's of thousands using them atm if not more.
  • PurpleNurplePurpleNurple Posts: 283
    novelJoke wrote: »
    10's of thousands

You realize player peak is around 11k yes? Stop pulling numbers out of your ass. If you have no idea what you're talking about don't post.
  • FrogteamFrogteam Posts: 423
    but based on the most hacker boards we are looking at 10's of thousands using them atm if not more.

Can't tell if this is some sort of novel joke... or if novelJoke is just an ironic paradox. You know that the peak players in a day is about 10,000 right? Breaking news in from steam forums: it turns out all Dirty Bomb players are using cheats and just haven't noticed everyone else is also.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Posts: 2,471
    You realize player peak is around 11k yes? Stop pulling numbers out of your ass. If you have no idea what you're talking about don't post.
    This. I'd also like to know how novelJoke knows how much activity is going on in multiple hacker boards - assume he means forums?
    76561197996992409.png
  • SchmeckerSchmecker Posts: 1
    here is two people that you guys should check out for hacking!!
    https://youtu.be/UhSIn8ncpE4
  • YesYes Posts: 1,095
    Why do I get the feeling that OP is the kind of person that will call almost everyone better than him a cheater? Reminds me of this time I got called a cheater when I went 3/8.
    no
    edited July 2015
    For those stating numbers, that's at THAT time, that does not mean total players.

https://steamdb.info/app/333930/graphs/

Look at player totals, etc dipshits. Want to talk about pulling numbers out your asses lol. My 10's of thousands remark is a mere fraction of the actual playerbase, but point being if nothing is done about it it will rise exponentionally (rampant basically meaning nothing being done about it/freewill...flourishing or spreading unchecked).

*Edit* - Oh and how do I know about these hacker "forums/boards?" I like to read up on the games that I play (especially FPS') to see how hacked they are before I delve into them too much. Should have seen my shock when I looked up CSGO after a buddy wanted me to play with him lol. Or how long it took me to find the ones for LoL that were buried deep and that Riot didn't want to even acknowledge because "pros" use them. Hacks are no secret, no matter what the script kiddies think, it's all pretty much out there in the open, just takes a bit of research.
  • DeathiDeathi Posts: 442
    To be honest, I stopped speccing most people I see behaving a little bit odd, even if they don't have a speclock activated, but some I still do, and mostly i get my opinion confirmed by mostly aiming through walls and snapping on players. These and the occasional rest of the blatant ones, who are probably new or simply didn't get the touch of hiding, tell me, there are enough people cheating, probably without even getting noticed, on .eu servers, so please stop this "I am blind and didn't see the cheater"-@$!#, thx.
    Seeing at least two or three a day, playing not to much anymore, is more than enough.
    edited July 2015
    Yay someone smart enough to actually notice the "snap-to's," as I call them and the prefiring before you come around a corner lol.

Snap-to = Aimbot (whether headshot or not), character will be facing a totally different direction from you/target then turn to you faster than a normal turn and instantly lock onto you and fire never missing. You might state "this is just a good player" but once you've seen how an aimbot works you can pretty easily tell the difference.
    The other great point about hacking and what makes it so easy to tell is human error.

Even the best players have horrible games. To consistently hold a certain k/d and never go below it is an improbable event. Human error causes us to make mistakes all the time no matter how good we are at something (professional sports for example and those guys train train train and still make mistakes). So to assume that someone can hold let's say a 5 k/d every game that they play all the time would be silly.

So if I see someone every round holding a 5 k/d (just an example) yes I question his ability and whether or not he is using something. Not to mention the amount of hackers is far greater than versus the amount of actual good players that could do something like that. You're talking about a phenomenon versus how many can download something lol.
  • PurpleNurplePurpleNurple Posts: 283
    If you play games based on the number of cheaters that you think inhabit them then I really feel sorry for you. We don't need someone like you yelling hacks at everyone better than you in this game let alone clogging the forums with your nonsense. The fact that you actually tried saying there is around 10k cheaters is pathetic. In the 230 hours of playtime I've only seen 10 cheaters. They get stomped by players like myself that play with friends because great teamwork > cheats.

The fact you're putting so much thought and effort into a situation you have no control over is hilarious yet sad. There will always be cheaters in every shooter. Although feel free to spend a majority of your time convincing yourself in spectator mode that anyone that thinks faster and aims better than you is a cheater to comfort your ego. None of us give a frogs green ass when some random player claims we cheat. Sometimes it is actually nice having people like you around when we need an epeen boost tho.

You can easily tell where enemies are coming from in this game by using logic and sound. It's not like there are a crazy amount of paths that can be taken to an objective. When you get more experience in this game you'll hopefully realize how stupid some of the things you said are. Until then good luck on realizing that there are players smarter and better than you. One day you'll grow up and lose your cheater paranoia and actually enjoy games like the rest of us.
    edited July 2015
    Hard to enjoy games when they are mostly hacked these days.

Where did I state that I never thought anyone was better than me? Of course there are tons of people better than me.

Why is the entire internet devulged into "kid/grow up" spouts? You have no idea how old I am or how long I have played video games so you have no idea of my experience or skill yet you badger on about my lack thereof lol.

Your conclusion seems to be "there are hackers in every game, oh well, get over it." Good job I guess?
    Oh how the internet loves to argue.

The point of this post was to say they need to have some kind of actual anti-cheat as this is getting worse and worse everyday.

Instead of being argued over my ASSUMED numbers and downvoted/disagreed/shiton.

How is getting a better anti-cheat system bad again? Oh that's right it's not about that it's about my post that stated about my ASSUMED numbers.
  • JostabeereJostabeere Posts: 4,233
    Wasn't it like the last 3 rotations when people started "Thousands of hackers" threads?
    I don't know how many years have passed. I still despise the Minemonkey and it'll never change!
    MOFO update wasn't such a disappointment
    CMM is the absolute worst thing SD could've made. It doesn't work at all and makes finding OBJ games so much harder. I would really like to know who at SD had that bright idea.

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Posts: 2,471
    Well don't spout bullshit and you won't get downvoted or @$!# on. Damage control just makes it worse by the way.
    76561197996992409.png
  • BomBaKlaKBomBaKlaK Posts: 191
    54924258.jpg

• JostabeereJostabeere Posts: 4,233
    Oh how the internet loves to argue.

The point of this post was to say they need to have some kind of actual anti-cheat as this is getting worse and worse everyday.

How is getting a better anti-cheat system bad again? Oh that's right it's not about that it's about my post that stated about my ASSUMED numbers.

You're being downvoted because you show your "assumption" like a fact. And that fact is simple wrong. Instead of making a thread about it, download a video capturing program, spectate hackers when you see some, and report them with a video.
    But people rather post flamethreads without any evidence on reddit "Ohmygosh I saaaaaaw haaaackerrrrs!!!" instead of actively dealing with them.
    I don't know how many years have passed. I still despise the Minemonkey and it'll never change!
    MOFO update wasn't such a disappointment
    CMM is the absolute worst thing SD could've made. It doesn't work at all and makes finding OBJ games so much harder. I would really like to know who at SD had that bright idea.

• JojackJojack Posts: 298
    Hackusations are running rampid!
  • EddieEddie Posts: 234
    In my time of playing i only encountered 2-3 hackers. Which isn't that much imo

But then again i havent played for about 2 weeks due to Phantom & Aimpunch idk if theres more hackers now.
    First off, as stated already, I did report all the hacks/exploits/glitches I have found. Still is getting worse.

Stating my "numbers" are wrong is just as silly as me stating the numbers themself as none of you have a clue how many are hacking either. Again, argueing for nothing.
  • Amerika_KCAmerika_KC Posts: 4,848Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Harlot wrote: »
    Amerika wrote: »
    Harlot wrote: »
    Kroad wrote: »
    I will have to download them and use them myself.
    damn must suck to have no choice whatsoever

It is frustrating. And to see people getting away with it for a month, while having screenshots posted to reddit or here kind of sends a message that the devs don't care.

Look, if you allow people to do something, they will do it. It doesn't matter if it's hacking or murder.

You could, you know, send them to support people who actually do look into things and ban people instead of posting on Reddit. Just a thought :)

Well, here's the thing. There's been plenty reports of people sending in videos 2+ weeks ago and the video view count NEVER goes up after being sent and support refuses to disclose whether action was taken. The player then runs into the hacker again.

Nexon is known for not giving a @$!# about hackers in their games. So that does little. I send them directly to SD staff, but that's wasting their time, I'm sure.

So right now, many people look at Dirty Bomb as a hacker's playground until antihack is added.

Yeah. Not sure I buy that as it does not jive with my own experience. I've submitted a video with every single cheater I've reported and I have my videos unlisted...so you have to have the link to see it, and most of them have between 5-12 views.

Also, as I've stated before, video proof isn't even needed in some cases as the GM's can look at logs and see the person is obviously aimbotting. So even if the view count hasn't changed it doesn't mean the person wasn't banned.

Choosing not to report somebody and instead creating a Reddit or forum thread on the DB forums is not the way to help assist with problems.

My views and comments are entirely my own. I am a volunteer mod and I help with forum tasks. My word carries the same weight as anybody else posting...no more, no less. Think of me more as a forum janitor who cleans when needed as opposed to a cop who wants to bust you :)
    Regardless of all the piddly arguements in this topic...

Hacking is getting worse and worse in EVERY game these days and not only is the companies responsibility but is the consumers as well to acknowledge and report them (this includes exploits/glitches imo). It's why we are in betas/alphas.

Since this game doesn't have actual numbers I'll use H1Z1 as an example. 30,000 banwave and around 50-100 reported on chat banned everyday and still is not containable. With over 1 million owners that is quite the percentage of hackers actually caught and brought to light. As opposed to a few years ago when hacks were few and far between.

Hackers are getting worse in every game, please do research to find what you are to watch/look for and report them using their support feature on this page. The more information we find and the more people we find doing it and report them the quicker they will do something about it.
  • HarlotHarlot Posts: 290
    Regardless of all the piddly arguements in this topic...

Hacking is getting worse and worse in EVERY game these days and not only is the companies responsibility but is the consumers as well to acknowledge and report them (this includes exploits/glitches imo). It's why we are in betas/alphas.

Since this game doesn't have actual numbers I'll use H1Z1 as an example. 30,000 banwave and around 50-100 reported on chat banned everyday and still is not containable. With over 1 million owners that is quite the percentage of hackers actually caught and brought to light. As opposed to a few years ago when hacks were few and far between.

Hackers are getting worse in every game, please do research to find what you are to watch/look for and report them using their support feature on this page. The more information we find and the more people we find doing it and report them the quicker they will do something about it.

I agree with this somewhat. Hacking is getting worse - that's for sure. However, people are going away from the aimbot/wallhack and more towards a triggerbot/wallhack combo. It's much harder to notice - usually only obvious from pre-firing and poor mouse movement/waving back and forth over the head fishing for the bot to get headshots. They tend to run Vas, Skyhammer or Fragger, as they have the best weapons for this. It's usually noticeable if you can force a pistol switch out of them and they are absolutely garbage with it. Usually requires a spectate to notice.

I don't have the time to spectate every player I suspect running this, and I have even less time to open support tickets and provide evidence. That all cuts into my playtime and honestly, they'll just make another Steam account if anything is even done.