Changes to Anti-Hack Policies – Zero Tolerance

13468915

Comments

  • Ardez1Ardez1 Posts: 3,288
    Hello,

    I needed to throw my 2 cents in as tonight i've played my 3rd competitive match in a row completely ruined by hackers.
    What's MUCH worse is following the steps given in the forums to report the abuse I have recorded the 2 offenders spent 2 hours working out how to chop my video then upload to youtube and have now given up due to youtube @$!# up the compression so its illegible.

    Long story short, no system in game to report with = no reports.

    What's the plan to catch BLATENT hackers who openly admit it in chat if the game won't allow easy reporting and you're making the system out of game too hard for players to bother with???

    Very concerned for any official launch of this game in its current state.
    MB

    Which is why the devs are working on an in-game report feature and that Nexon has stated new AC is in the works.

    And yes, they are still receiving hacker reports without an ingame report system. They just aren't getting any from you.
    I am a volunteer moderator on these forums. My opinion is my own and does not represent the opinion of Splash Damage or Nexon.
  • singularsingular Posts: 73
    edited July 2015
    >Cheat-free environment
    >F2P

    pick one

    Cheating is inevitable especially in F2P games. Either way you look at it, (good or bad) Dirty Bomb doesn't have the luxury of paywall which by itself is arguably one of the best "Anti-Cheats". I'm curious to see what Nexon can follow up with on there new AC.

    I don't know what kind of resources they have at there disposal, but It's very difficult developing an entirely new AC from ground up so maybe they can contract PunkBuster or something. Or maybe use some sort of heuristic AC.

    http://i.imgur.com/Jzf71eE.jpg
  • Well in my first competitive match which was less than 10 minutes ago I was informed before the match start that and player on the opposing team a player by the gamertag SIDO was accused of Aim Hacks and this theory ended up being true being that my whole team abandoned me less than 5 minutes in from spawn camping, and that brings up another issue. I believe that the opposing team should not be allowed to go near the opposing teams spawn area.
  • Ardez1Ardez1 Posts: 3,288
    Well in my first competitive match which was less than 10 minutes ago I was informed before the match start that and player on the opposing team a player by the gamertag SIDO was accused of Aim Hacks and this theory ended up being true being that my whole team abandoned me less than 5 minutes in from spawn camping, and that brings up another issue. I believe that the opposing team should not be allowed to go near the opposing teams spawn area.

    Anti-Spawn Camping is a completely different discussion then Anti-Cheat. I would suggest you bring up your point in one of the many threads about that.
    I am a volunteer moderator on these forums. My opinion is my own and does not represent the opinion of Splash Damage or Nexon.
  • LorthosLorthos Posts: 1
    Is there seriously no Anti-cheat system in this game? I would even take an in-game way to report these aimbotters. Prior to today I ran into the occasional hacker every 10 games or so, but today every couple of games there seems to be one. If this game is going to succeed there needs to be something to discourage this trash.
  • Ardez1Ardez1 Posts: 3,288
    Lorthos wrote: »
    Is there seriously no Anti-cheat system in this game? I would even take an in-game way to report these aimbotters. Prior to today I ran into the occasional hacker every 10 games or so, but today every couple of games there seems to be one. If this game is going to succeed there needs to be something to discourage this trash.

    Merging this with the Anti-Cheat thread.
    I am a volunteer moderator on these forums. My opinion is my own and does not represent the opinion of Splash Damage or Nexon.
  • clycly Posts: 23
    played 5 competitive matches in the last day and there was 2 games where it was blatantly obvious and 1 game where i wasnt entirely sure.

    still, 3/5 games with cheaters?

    and dont get punkbuster lol jesus christ that ac is cancer
  • clycly Posts: 23
    okay ive played 4 comp games tonight, all 4 had blatant premade booster groups or something

    literally every game we got spawn camped and just instantly headshotted when spawning
  • Ardez1Ardez1 Posts: 3,288
    cly wrote: »
    okay ive played 4 comp games tonight, all 4 had blatant premade booster groups or something

    literally every game we got spawn camped and just instantly headshotted when spawning

    Is that the same thing as cheating? Kind of confused by your post....
    I am a volunteer moderator on these forums. My opinion is my own and does not represent the opinion of Splash Damage or Nexon.
  • clycly Posts: 23
    Ardez wrote: »
    cly wrote: »
    okay ive played 4 comp games tonight, all 4 had blatant premade booster groups or something

    literally every game we got spawn camped and just instantly headshotted when spawning

    Is that the same thing as cheating? Kind of confused by your post....

    thats what i meant by something, lol sorry im tired.
    i mean like it seemed like a lot of people were in premade groups with 1-2 cheaters per game played.
  • coming up on 2 months old now this thread, and i guess the question on everyones mind is when are you going to start to enforce this zero tolerance? seems like every day now the problem gets worse
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Posts: 2,471
    edited July 2015
    I don't think you understand what zero tolerance means. It means if you get caught hacking now it's a life time ban with no chance of appeal. Before this announcement this wasn't necessarily the case.
    76561197996992409.png
  • Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    I don't think you understand what zero tolerance means. It means if you get caught hacking now it's a life time ban with no chance of appeal. Before this announcement this wasn't necessarily the case.

    i do , you just missed the subtle nature of my post, i am saying they have doing nothing

  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Posts: 2,471
    I didn't miss your not so subtle subtext at all. I just ignored it because it's wrong. You do realise they have to go through every submitted report manually and can only ban if they have evidence right?
    76561197996992409.png
  • Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    I didn't miss your not so subtle subtext at all. I just ignored it because it's wrong. You do realise they have to go through every submitted report manually and can only ban if they have evidence right?

    hmm ok so you were being deliberately irrelevant.

    well its odd never seen a hosted server system where they needed to investigate where they do have evidence. and judging from the posts from people getting banned by xigncode for using 3rd party software they clearly dont.

    i dont think reporting does a damn thing , i dont think they have any GM's doing any investigation's, anyone ever seen evidence they do? or to the point is anyone convinced its enough?
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Posts: 2,471
    i dont think reporting does a damn thing , i dont think they have any GM's doing any investigation's, anyone ever seen evidence they do? or to the point is anyone convinced its enough?
    Well the fact that they have people employed with the sole purpose of going through those reports is telling.
    76561197996992409.png
  • AazhydAazhyd Posts: 662
    I reported 4 blatant hackers so far. I don't report question marks or just people who do well. I hope this will help a bit.
  • novelJokenovelJoke Posts: 42
    Really needs looked at or I'm moving on.
  • HarlotHarlot Posts: 290
    edited July 2015
    *Rampant.

    But yes, everybody is aware of it, as are the developers. It takes time to implement, though. I just wish they hadn't wasted everybody's time going with Xigncode in the first place.

    I should add, I don't mind seeing these posts daily. The developers need pressure to know what the community views as the biggest issues. Right now it seems Phantom nerfs, aim punch and hacking are what need to be focused on the most.
  • novelJokenovelJoke Posts: 42
    Sorry for my incorrect spelling, seriously lol. The anger is getting to me and honestly if the company doesn't do something (reminds me of CSGO atm) I will have to download them and use them myself.
  • KroadKroad Posts: 353
    novelJoke wrote: »
    I will have to download them and use them myself.
    damn must suck to have no choice whatsoever
  • HarlotHarlot Posts: 290
    Kroad wrote: »
    novelJoke wrote: »
    I will have to download them and use them myself.
    damn must suck to have no choice whatsoever

    It is frustrating. And to see people getting away with it for a month, while having screenshots posted to reddit or here kind of sends a message that the devs don't care.

    Look, if you allow people to do something, they will do it. It doesn't matter if it's hacking or murder.
  • Amerika_KCAmerika_KC Posts: 4,848Moderator
    Harlot wrote: »
    Kroad wrote: »
    novelJoke wrote: »
    I will have to download them and use them myself.
    damn must suck to have no choice whatsoever

    It is frustrating. And to see people getting away with it for a month, while having screenshots posted to reddit or here kind of sends a message that the devs don't care.

    Look, if you allow people to do something, they will do it. It doesn't matter if it's hacking or murder.

    You could, you know, send them to support people who actually do look into things and ban people instead of posting on Reddit. Just a thought :)

    My views and comments are entirely my own. I am a volunteer mod and I help with forum tasks. My word carries the same weight as anybody else posting...no more, no less. Think of me more as a forum janitor who cleans when needed as opposed to a cop who wants to bust you :)
  • HarlotHarlot Posts: 290
    edited July 2015
    Amerika wrote: »
    Harlot wrote: »
    Kroad wrote: »
    novelJoke wrote: »
    I will have to download them and use them myself.
    damn must suck to have no choice whatsoever

    It is frustrating. And to see people getting away with it for a month, while having screenshots posted to reddit or here kind of sends a message that the devs don't care.

    Look, if you allow people to do something, they will do it. It doesn't matter if it's hacking or murder.

    You could, you know, send them to support people who actually do look into things and ban people instead of posting on Reddit. Just a thought :)

    Well, here's the thing. There's been plenty reports of people sending in videos 2+ weeks ago and the video view count NEVER goes up after being sent and support refuses to disclose whether action was taken. The player then runs into the hacker again.

    Nexon is known for not giving a @$!# about hackers in their games. So that does little. I send them directly to SD staff, but that's wasting their time, I'm sure.

    So right now, many people look at Dirty Bomb as a hacker's playground until antihack is added.
  • novelJokenovelJoke Posts: 42
    I have sent support tickets linking directly to all the exploits/glitches/hacks I've seen. Nothing done thusfar, will give them time but if they take the approach of CSGO and do hardly anything about it I will use them as well.
  • KroadKroad Posts: 353
    novelJoke wrote: »
    I have sent support tickets linking directly to all the exploits/glitches/hacks I've seen. Nothing done thusfar, will give them time but if they take the approach of CSGO and do hardly anything about it I will use them as well.
    are you playing pubs or MM?


    because pubs are pretty much hacker free, just ignore MM
  • HarlotHarlot Posts: 290
    Kroad wrote: »
    novelJoke wrote: »
    I have sent support tickets linking directly to all the exploits/glitches/hacks I've seen. Nothing done thusfar, will give them time but if they take the approach of CSGO and do hardly anything about it I will use them as well.
    are you playing pubs or MM?


    because pubs are pretty much hacker free, just ignore MM

    Not true. Triggerbotting is getting big. It's less noticeable and still gives a solid advantage. They may even throw on a wallhack and toggle to look legit. And I've ran into a few aimbotters in the past days. I only play pubs.

    It's pretty easy to tell with the new aim punch changes. If you're drilling somebody with a KEK and they seem to receive zero aim punch, that's a good indicator that something is fishy.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Posts: 2,471
    Kroad wrote: »
    because pubs are pretty much hacker free
    They're really not. A month ago there were really no hacker playing on Aus pub servers. Now I see them all the time, it's sad.
    76561197996992409.png
  • god1god1 Posts: 363
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Kroad wrote: »
    because pubs are pretty much hacker free
    They're really not. A month ago there were really no hacker playing on Aus pub servers. Now I see them all the time, it's sad.
    As far as EU goes I haven't seen a single hacker in a long time there.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Posts: 2,471
    god1 wrote: »
    As far as EU goes I haven't seen a single hacker in a long time there.
    In the past 5 days I've seen 3 who blatantly hacked with a url in their name for buying the hack. And at least 4 others who were either trying to be subtle and failing or not hiding it at all but not advertising either.
    76561197996992409.png
Sign In or Register to comment.