Changes to Anti-Hack Policies – Zero Tolerance

Comments

• YackamovYackamov Posts: 27
    Issue is that it's not black and white so having a hard line policy doesn't do anything but help cheaters. When a person admits to cheating and uses blatant cheats, you have the video evidence to prove it and you can post it. I've been accused of cheating numerous times, but I've never cheated. I took it as a compliment and moved on. Sure, I had to submit a video or two in my time to prove I wasn't a cheater. Again, no biggie because I knew how disruptive real cheating can be. However, I'm not talking about the questionable cheats. I'm talking about a guy that says "If you kill me one more time, I'm turning on my aimbot", then gets killed and everybody on the server instantly dies. If you've got a video of that happening, why would ANYBODY want to save that person some shame? And when they ban someone, those bans aren't even made public anywhere. Why? Who is that serving?
  • Ardez1Ardez1 Posts: 3,288
    @Yackamov What seems simple to you isn't simple for everybody else. Plenty of people have actually been harmed by false hackusations in the past.

These forums are not here to promote negativity and the people who can enact bans are not the people who moderate this forums(Amerika, CC_Fang and myself). The people who can do that are the GMs with Nexon Support.

There is also the point that the videos promote cheating, as the hack users and generally quite proud of themselves. It isn't shame to them, it is praise because they made somebody mad enough to post about it. It breeds a cycle of flaming. We won't have that here.

Now, the naming and shaming rule will not be changing anytime soon.
    I am a volunteer moderator on these forums. My opinion is my own and does not represent the opinion of Splash Damage or Nexon.
  • MortMort Posts: 4
    edited August 2015
    Hello :|
    Today at 17:10 i was playing DB and have meet hacker. not unusual, right?
    He was absolutly epic, hiding nothing instead he admit that he`s cheating. proof *DELETED*
    Ticket was submitted ofcourse.

The point of discussion.
    Attack team including me was asking to kick him, opposite team wasn`t care about and trying thru scoreboard start votekick wasnt giving any results. till the end everyone was playing even thouse who complain about it.

Its not 1-st time that i`ve met such "great" players to play with/against. And i guess this most huge factor that gives hacker freedom.
    Think about it.

P.S. my poor english, sorry.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Posts: 2,471
    edited August 2015
    Thread will be closed since you're breaking the rules.

EDIT: Damn Ardez, you fast.
    76561197996992409.png
    There is a strict no naming and shaming policy on the forums. The forums are not a place to report hackers. Thank you for submitting a ticket to Nexon Support. I appreciate that you want to keep the game clean!
    I am a volunteer moderator on these forums. My opinion is my own and does not represent the opinion of Splash Damage or Nexon.
  • MortMort Posts: 4
    Understood about policy. so no discuss.
    Btw. in submitting ticket "The upload took too long, connection was lost." thas why link has been added in my prev. message.
  • YesYes Posts: 1,095
    Cheaters are already back. :disappointed:
    no
  • MissMurderMissMurder Posts: 1,429
    @clown We're working on things. Investigations is on it.
  • JesseKommJesseKomm Posts: 601
    The system is still new, it's got problems but I'd say within two weeks it'll be sparkling with new code and fixes, so shiny it'll blind the hackers and drive them off like vampires(Real vampires not that Twilight @$!#).

We have wonderful developers working on these issues, and in the meantime we have incredible admins like @MissMurder helping crack down on these individuals. Give it time, and I think we'll see a bright new game by the end of 2015. All we can do now is show our support for this amazing game and do our part to bring these people to justice(WITHOUT naming and shaming on forums, lots of people tend to forget that).
  • MissMurderMissMurder Posts: 1,429
    Thanks for the great attitude- and patience of course. @JesseKomm :cookie:
  • The anti cheat programm is really an awesome and secure idea that grows bigger every day. We should give it some time IMO. I also wondered if maybe some mods can go undercover to keep an eye out on hackers, if they don't do it already though! So far so good, played 2 days succesfully without spotting any cheater around.
    MissMurder wrote: »
    Thanks for the great attitude- and patience of course. @JesseKomm :cookie:

Yay free cookie! I'll cherish it forever!
    *Two seconds later* I eated it all. :(

Anyway, a great attitude is what keeps games afloat, if more people were positive about the future then obviously it'll be more positive. If I have any one goal on this forum it'll be to keep everyone happy and friendly towards one another, as well as provide an optimistic atmosphere in the hopes it spreads throughout all threads(Unintentional rhyme)! Because if there is one thing I've learned in my years playing online games it's this: A game is only as good as it's community. And we have a pretty good one so far, but there is always room for improvement. Once again tipping a hat off to our favourite community manager OF ALL TIME for keeping this place the best it can be!
  • mpod89mpod89 Posts: 72
    Today I've been kicked twice from the game for a security violation. I have no idea why it happened. I don't have any hacks and I haven't modified the game in any way. I'm not running any kind of program beside the game and steam, i don't have one of those fancy mouses with macros. It seems to be totally random as i played the game before and after that mostly without any problem. It's kinda upsetting to be called a cheater when i'm not, i'm not one to get salty if i suck at a game and feel the need to cheat. I wasn't even doing that good in the matches anyway. So what's up with that guys?
  • NailNail Wpg, CanadaPosts: 3,371
    nobody is calling you a cheater, the new anticheat is having teething problems
    moop
  • mpod89mpod89 Posts: 72
    That's a relief, i was worried i was going to be flagged as a cheater and banned. Sorry to hear about having problems though. Hope you get that sorted out.
  • CtrixCtrix Posts: 912
    What do about multi account hackers though?
  • FreelancerFreelancer Posts: 6
    edited August 2015
    Can someone explain me the "no naming and shaming policy"?

Because i dont get it :smile:

To point at a cheater (obvious with facts, pics and logs) and saying, "you are disgusting and a shame for all players!" (including permaban) is a good thing.

A fraud is still a fraud (hope "fraud" means what i mean :P) and should be shown to everyone.
    Why?
    Because as long as a human being (most, but not all) has no conquences in his cheating actions (except for the anonymous ban) he will go on and on and on... until he or she is bored of it.

Yes, he or she can create many accounts.
    Yes, he or she can IP switch a lot too.
    Yes, cheating websites will still remain and update there hacks.
    Yes, for every part a cheater can walk.

But thats not the point.

The point is, that he is denounced.
    At least, that is something what can be done.

Thanks for reading and maybe explaining my question :)
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Posts: 2,471
    The two reasons for no name and shame I know of are:
    1. Protecting hackusations against legit players
    2. In the event of it clearly being a real hacker, not giving them 'internet fame'
    76561197996992409.png
  • bwort110bwort110 Posts: 57
    edited August 2015
    Clown wrote: »
    Cheaters are already back. :disappointed:

true story :s U can watch them at youtube, laughing about the new anti cheat. I spotted 2 aimbot also. It starts from new. I am tired and sick of it. Time to leave.
    Post edited by bwort110 on
    Freelancer wrote: »
    Can someone explain me the "no naming and shaming policy"?

Because i dont get it :smile:

To point at a cheater (obvious with facts, pics and logs) and saying, "you are disgusting and a shame for all players!" (including permaban) is a good thing.

A fraud is still a fraud (hope "fraud" means what i mean :P) and should be shown to everyone.
    Why?
    Because as long as a human being (most, but not all) has no conquences in his cheating actions (except for the anonymous ban) he will go on and on and on... until he or she is bored of it.

Yes, he or she can create many accounts.
    Yes, he or she can IP switch a lot too.
    Yes, cheating websites will still remain and update there hacks.
    Yes, for every part a cheater can walk.

But thats not the point.

The point is, that he is denounced.
    At least, that is something what can be done.

Thanks for reading and maybe explaining my question :)

Your question's answer can be found in the Forum FAQ thread, to save you time the reason is "Reporting players through the forums can be seen as harassment as it can lead to disruptive, inflammatory behavior"

Also most hackers do it for attention, naming them publicly fuels this desire and as such they do it more and more until they are known. In fact only a small percentage of hackers will cheat solely for the enjoyment of killing players and/or winning. The problem is that hackers have no shame, in fact the policy should be called "No Naming and Faming"(Joking of course).

I hope you find that answer satisfactory, there really is no other way to put it.
  • @Ghosthree3 and JesseKomm
    Thank you both :)

Its sad, that this cheatingstuff will (maybe) find no end.
    At least, our Admins do there very best, to keep this "individuals" low.
  • fuzzelfuzzel Posts: 104
    edited August 2015
    New Hacker..

Name : *DELETED*

Competition Match Today at 20:30 cet German time

Map Underground

hes playing Fletcher only and makes roundabout 70 kills in 1 1/2 Rounds all only Headshots

@Pilgr!m
    There is a strict no naming and shaming policy on the forums. The forums are not a place to report hackers. Please report any hackers directly to Nexon Support. I appreciate that you want to keep the game clean!
  • fuzzelfuzzel Posts: 104
    ok my fault..my teammate report him now
  • BomBaKlaKBomBaKlaK Posts: 189
    More and more cheaters online everyday ...
  • maybe this has been answered on a previous post and if so I apologize: does it still help if we get video evidence of a cheater even with the new in-game reporting function? And if so, what's the best way to submit it for investigation?
    So if you are doing a manual report through nexon support video evidence is helpful, but if you are using the in game reporting function it shouldn't matter much afaik. @GM-Radrodo

Rodo would be the best one to answer this.
  • GM-RadrodoGM-Radrodo Posts: 92Moderator
    @fantasticLava You may use the in-game report a player function and if you would like to provide additional information you may always send in a ticket :)
  • flashyChainflashyChain Posts: 1
    edited October 2015
    I can see in Dirty Bomb the thing that I saw in many many fps games in the past (example BF2,year 2006) , you can play without cheaters only a couple of weeks after each anticheat update.After those couple of weeks it is a completely different game. The people that couldn't shoot you at all when they were strafing now they can kill you in milliseconds* while moving at the speed of Sparks, or faster than Sparks, even if they have Sawbones or Fletcher.
    (*Im not actually sure if they are hitting headshots, they shoot you with an smg from 20 meters but it sounds like a double shotgun sound(or something like that) and you are dead .....happens all the time, to have an enemy doing that for the whole match ...and my ping is always around 30)

If the developers think that all these "superskilled players that disapear after each anticheat update" are legit then we are in big trouble.
    Post edited by flashyChain on