Changes to Anti-Hack Policies – Zero Tolerance

MissMurderMissMurder Posts: 1,429
edited August 2015 in The Vault
As Dirty Bomb approaches Open Beta, we’re kicking up our ban policies a notch to combat the issue of hackers. Any player that is detected as hacking will be permanently banned from Dirty Bomb. Whether they were caught through our anti-cheat program, via a GM's monitoring or through an investigation triggered by a player report, the result will be the same: Do not pass go, do not collect $200, proceed directly to the incinerator.

To help your fellow players out, please vote-kick any hackers in-game and report them (find out how here ). Additionally, we are instituting round the clock GM monitoring and support, to watch out for hackers and other abusive players (remember, don’t be a d*ck!).

Stay tuned! We will be updating you with our progress and further actions that’ll be taken as time goes on.
Post edited by OneLetter on

Comments

• strawberryJacketstrawberryJacket Posts: 119
    edited May 2015
    So they werent even perm banned before ? lol.
    Post edited by strawberryJacket on
  • MissMurderMissMurder Posts: 1,429
    edited May 2015
    So they wasnt even perm banned before ? lol.

Oh they were. Usually suspended for the first offence though.
  • mOistmOist Posts: 201
    i love DB but this should of been the policy from the very start.
  • crimsonYouthcrimsonYouth Posts: 182
    edited May 2015
    All hail the mighty banhammer!
    I just submitted another aimbot report with a video.... i hope to hear back soon
    @MissMurder thats good to hear , keep up the good work <3
  • DadoPejaDadoPeja Posts: 300
    Mustang wrote: »
    I'm quite worried about this, because my experience so far is GM's can also be dicks.

Zero tolerance implies that if a GM gets it wrong then tough luck, I've been kicked and called a hacker by GM's and I'm not even in the top 10% of players.

I've also been "banned" by your anti-cheat solution for clearly doing things that should not be considered cheating, i.e. using voice chat overlays or running processes completely unrelated and not interacting with the game at all.

Let's just say my confidence on this isn't very high right now due to how bad the recent track record has been.

As always my opinion is don't make the legitimate players suffer to justify doing something about hackers, snoopers charter anyone?

I guess the replies to this thread will be ignored like all comments about how bad the anti-cheat solution is. :'(

You can only get the answer "We are working on it" (don't remeber how many times heard only dat answer when i asked about hacking or anticheat) :wink:
    Mustang wrote: »
    I'm quite worried about this, because my experience so far is GM's can also be dicks.

Zero tolerance implies that if a GM gets it wrong then tough luck, I've been kicked and called a hacker by GM's and I'm not even in the top 10% of players.

@Mustang, not our GMs I hope?
  • _Sniff__Sniff_ Posts: 1,137
    edited May 2015
    One of the GM's was pretty clear in asking me not to divulge in embarrassing footage.

ilKZAKL.png

If the GM be reading this. You know my demands. Fletchers sticky bombs restored to original awesomeness.
  • HumbugHumbug Posts: 301
    I don't know why Mustang gets so many Flags what the hell?
    Are GM's even good players? I doubt it -> they can't judge anything.
    Also spectating is extremely flawed, you cant see heartbeat sensors -> GM will think it's wallhack and it lags behind.
    If only 1 GM judges about a permaban, many legit players will be banned.
    Some people have 15+ years of experience in this kind of shooter
  • KroadKroad Posts: 353
    as long as GMs are only banning blatants then it's fine

As for the subtle ones, this is why a good anticheat is needed
  • MattjAMattjA Posts: 76
    Agreed. You shouldn't dictate whether a person is cheating unless you can physically see the aim locking unnaturally to each characters head, or using some sort of aim-assist where they don't even have to look at a player, other than that the Anti-Cheat and player reports should clear up those that aren't quite as obvious to spot.
  • smartIslandsmartIsland Posts: 179
    For me the frustrating part is I believe that for every head snapping blatant 89/0 hacker there are probably at least 2 subtle wall hacking players which are not and probably won't be caught through just recording their gameplay. I mean, how often do you turn a corner to get headshotted or even see people prefiring (excluding heartbeat sensor obv)
    Trust me guys- we are well aware that hackusations happen A LOT here too because there are many players who are actually extremely skilled. GMs will only ban if they have the evidence to back it up.
  • _Sniff__Sniff_ Posts: 1,137
    Please do not block recording programs like combat arms did.
    GM_Radrodo wrote: »
    _Sniff_ wrote: »
    One of the GM's was pretty clear in asking me not to divulge in embarrassing footage.

ilKZAKL.png

If the GM be reading this. You know my demands. Fletchers sticky bombs restored to original awesomeness.
    *Coughs*

I take it you've accepted my offer.
  • GaspolineGaspoline Posts: 46
    lol mustang has been here since at least 2013 (gettin dem top scores even back then).... why ban him now? D;
    lol mustang has been here since at least 2013 (gettin dem top scores even back then).... why ban him now? D;
    its xingcode , its crap i was banned on another game for using a program that changes the vibrance of the game (im legaly blind the game in question has a poor monotone pallet) hoenstly all it does is ban ppl with third party programs it never does anything to hackers.
  • GaspolineGaspoline Posts: 46
    mOist wrote: »
    its xingcode , its crap i was banned on another game for using a program that changes the vibrance of the game (im legaly blind the game in question has a poor monotone pallet) hoenstly all it does is ban ppl with third party programs it never does anything to hackers.

do you know if it bans if those things are installed but like, not in use/running? ex: have a ts overlay installed on computer but not running it while playing the game? cuz I literally was only running steam when I got banned for 3rd party programs ._.
  • LumiLumi Posts: 1,092
    I see alot of people complaining about missflaged third party programs, but in the end that is what a cheat is. It is a third party program that modifies or enhances your perception of the game, or sometimes even acts on it.

If people want an efficient anti-cheat program that's a concession we have to make. To stay on the safe side just run the game unaltered and you'll be fine.
  • JBRAAJBRAA Posts: 15
    edited May 2015
    Post edited by JBRAA on
  • LiNkzLiNkz Posts: 104
    edited May 2015
    Weird feeling being afraid of cops even though you haven't done anything wrong? :hushed: I feel exactly like that now when I play.

just the off-chance of being at the wrong place at wrong time and you suffer kind of deal.
  • KroadKroad Posts: 353
    LiNkz wrote: »
    Weird feeling being afraid of cops even though you haven't done anything wrong? :hushed: I feel exactly like that now when I play.

just the off-chance of being at the wrong place at wrong time and you suffer kind of deal.
    srry youre not good enough for that ;)

and i mean devs have watched tragedys stream without thinking anything was wrong, doubt any good player will get banned
  • JBRAAJBRAA Posts: 15
    edited May 2015
    Post edited by JBRAA on
  • NailNail Wpg, CanadaPosts: 3,377
    I have no confidence in xignpoop, afaik it bans mostly legit players

as for Nexon:

1: GMs are volunteers, they have nothing invested in the job so nothing to lose

2: it took well over a year to get a barely functioning forum up, it still doesn't have last post indicators, unread post indicators outside the actual thread page, this forum is barely navigable

3: I highly doubt Nexon has a GM that could possibly judge most of the founders accurately, and without a peer based transparent system, bye bye comp
    moop
  • I have some confidence that GMs will ban blatant over "iffy". I've watched some footage where players could've been cheating, but there was no conclusive evidence, and because of that I let them slide and let the anti-cheat or VAC catch them otherwise. Now, there is a huge difference if you can see snapping, locking, etc, and I'm sure that is where the GMs come in.

If the GMs play enough, they should know some of the 'bigger' names and people who play vs. new players and cheaters. Also the flow of the game, mechanics like Heartbeat Sensors, etc.

If I had a dime for every time I've seen someone like Talespin or Bitey get hackusations, I'd have... well, a few dimes. But if you actually watch them there isn't anything suspicious about their game play because of things like their positioning and awareness, which is another good way to determine hackers vs. legits.